Sunday, July 17, 2011

Birthday card on the fly...........during Camping!

Happy, happy Sunday!!!

Just a quick post to share a card that I made yesterday morning for a friend.

We are still camping and were invited to a 50th birthday party for Joe.
Joe is definitely an "out-doorsy" type of guy and lives right on the river where our camper is.  He is very helpful when Mike needs anything......just like many of our neighbors out here.  That's why we love this area.

Anyway, I realized after we got Joe a case of his favorite beer that I did not have a card!
Well, I prayed that I brought something masculine that I could use for a birthday card for him.  
I found it in PTI's Through the Trees stamp set!

I hope he likes it!
The trees are heat embossed and are truly brown, not a copper color as they appear in the photo.  I then used several Tim Holtz distress inks (several of the new ones I bought while down here.....lol) to create the sunset in the background.

Just a quick sentiment on the inside.

Materials List (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
(pretty generic today, sorry about that)
Through the Trees stamp set
Big & Bold Wishes stamp set
Stamper's Select White, Dark Chocolate, Kraft & Terracotta Tile cardstock
Tim Holtz distress inks
The Twinery twine - Cappuccino



Thanks for stopping by today!


17 comments:

Jessie said...

Really cool card Stephanie!! I love the colors and the way they blend together looking like a sun rise or sun set!! What a wonderful card!

I'm Renee said...

A great "on the fly" card! :)
Lucky that you had that set with you!
And to be quite honest...
most men could care less about the card...
it's about the beer...
so I think you hit it on the nose on both counts!! :)
Beautiful!

Holly said...

You came up with a fantastic card Stephanie! Hope you are having fun!

Karen C. said...

Great card, Stephanie. It looks like the right fit for an 'outdoorsy' kind of guy. Love the heat embossing and the gorgeous sunset you've created.

Karen C. said...

Great card, Stephanie. It looks like the right fit for an 'outdoorsy' kind of guy. Love the heat embossing and the gorgeous sunset you've created.

Mad for Paper said...

I'm impressed, crafting while camping!
Great job on the trees.
TFS
Ang

Terri said...

Great card for an outdoorsy guy! I bet he will love it.

carol (krillsister) said...

Super card. Love the way you created the background with the distressed inks. The inside has a great sentiment too.

Jen said...

Good save! Totally perfect man card. I love how resourceful you are. Clever Bee!

Leigh said...

What a gorgeous card! Fabulous job, Stephanie!

Lorraine said...

Beautiful on the fly card, Stephanie! Love the sunset you created and perfect masculine card design.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah! This is GORGEOUS!!!!!!

I love the copper embossing and the sunset and the layout around it and WOW!

Terri Fleming

Sue Ann said...

Spectacular!! The sky is just beautiful with the embossed trees!!!

Arlene said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! Love the embossed tree...great idea!

Arlene.

Debbie Gaydos said...

This is wonderful! Great, masculine card. I love the "sunset" behind the trees, beautiful blending!

Caren B said...

Love the gold embossing on the trees, I love this set, but it hasn't made it in my cart yet.

Anna (doctorfoodie) said...

Stunning!!! The gold embossing is fabulous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...