Saturday, July 9, 2011

Birdie Birthday for Summer Card Camp

This is my 2nd post for today, so please hit the "Home" button and scroll below this post to see the first card!

I actually wrote this post on Thursday and had it schedule to post today.  The reason I'm mentioning it is because Thursday was the day that Kristina posted her awesome video about patterned paper and contrast.  WOW was my head just spinning with all of that knowledge and not from being confused or lost but because I was just trying to digest every little morsel because it made so much sense!!!

Immediately after watching, I set myself up in my craft room looking for patterned paper that had 4 of the 5 colors so that I could find a combination that would work.  I think I would make Kristina proud!  Seriously looking for paper in the way she taught us and concentrating on the patterns really, really helped.  

My card imitates hers a bit because I also used a little bird but I paper-pieced it instead of coloring it with markers.  Her sketches were wonderful, too........
Here's another card ready for the challenge.
My favorite thing about this little card????  The 3 little "tweets!"

This is the inside of my card.  I just felt the need to add a little border on the bottom.  I pulled the yellow, red and green from the outside.


If you've been following my blog this week, you probably know the color combination by heart.....lol
But here is the image again, if you haven't seen it before.



This card literally fell into place when I went searching through my newly cut 12x12 paper pads.  I'm telling you, this has done wonderful things for my patterned paper use!  I'm finding so many papers to use that I hadn't even realized I bought........just because of cutting it into 6x6 pieces and storing them right on my craft desk.  

Anyway.......I found this patterned paper in my stash:
I loved the wording on the left and I loved the orange and white diagonal stripes.  The circles seemed too big for my card, but I also loved the red & white checkered strip..........
SO

I did this:
I cut the patterned paper to use what I liked at the arrows and I saved the 2 sections with the big Xs for another time.  Then, like Kristina........I only had yellow to add into my color combination.

The sketch for this card is just one of the three that Kristina supplied us with for this week.



So, there you have my very picture loaded post (sorry about that....I just couldn't stop!  LOL)
See what you can come up with using these awesome colors.


Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
the {stamps} of life - Tree2Build stamp set
DCWV - The Stack #6 & Grade School Matstack (birdie)
PTI - Stamper's Select White cardstock
Taylored Expressions - Red ribbon
VersaFine ink - Habanero & Onyx Black
VersaMagic ink - Red Magic
Memento ink - Cottage Ivy
Studio G. ink - Dark Yellow
Inkssentials Opaque pen - White (to color in the birdie's eye)



Thanks again for visiting!

1 comment:

Dana said...

Your birdie card is darling Stephanie. And you are right, the little "tweets" are so cute, especially in multi-color! It was so clever to cut that PP into strips to combine them. Looks great girl!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...