Friday, July 15, 2011

Another Sympathy Card for SCC Week 3

It's FRIDAYYYY!!!!!


Here's my 2nd card using the "Fingerinking" technique.  I'm not sure why these images call out 'sympathy' to me, but 2 of them really did.  Maybe it's the deep, rich colors or the stamp itself.......regardless, it's good to have a few of these around because I'm not good at making them when I am feeling all the emotions.



Here's #2!
This is my most favorite of all 3 cards this past week.  I think it's the bold red and the distressed look.

I just love, love, love the way this card turned out.  The focal image almost looks like a piece of worn leather when you look at it at first.  Using Tim Holtz distressor tool really pulled this all together with that a "well-worn" look that really gives this card something different.



Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Wildflower Garden stamp set
 Little Paper Shop - Sympathy stamp set (not sure of the actual name of this set)
DCWV patterned paper - Amber Autumn Stack
Tag Sale #3 die
Filigree embossing powder - White
Kraft and Fine Linen cs
Tim Holtz distress inks - Walnut Stain, Antique Linen, Barn Door and Vintage Photo






 Thanks for reading my blog today!!!

2 comments:

Judy said...

great job on the ard it does look vintage... Very pretty.
Have a good day
Judy

Shirley said...

I see what you mean. What a really rich and beautiful card. Your image almost looks like it is on leather with the faux stitching!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...