Thursday, July 7, 2011

Another Summer Card Camp card along with a PTI MIM card!!!

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh how I am LOVING this Summer Card Camp class!
I am learning so much and having a blast.  I just spent hours in my craftroom making up several cards using this week's color combo and I lost about 6 hours.....LOL  
If I lose them that way, I'm a very happy gal!

So, this card is featuring a new stamping technique that I just learned by watching the PaperTrey Ink Make It Monday #22 video by Betsy Veldman.  Using craft foam and reinkers, you make your own color-by-number inker for your stamps.......It worked beautifully!  



I didn't make a background like in the video, but instead I used it for my focal images using the new Daydreamer stamp set.  I also used the re-inkers to sort of create a gradient in my flower by using Teracotta Tile on the outside of the leaves and filling the centers of the leaves with Orange Zest.  I just love the sort of watercolor affect that it made.

Aren't those flowers just breathtaking?  You really need to click to enlarge the photo to see how pretty they turned out.

I just love this sentiment to send "get well" wishes.

Here's the Make It Monday Video, if you are interested in learning this technique:


I also used the Taylored Expressions #141 Sketch Challenge to pull everything together.  Since I wanted my flowers to take main stage, I just used a big brad on the side instead of another die cut.



And, of course.........Just as a reminder, this is the color palette for Week 2!


Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Daydreamer stamp set
Healing Touch Sentiments stamp set (inside)
SEI patterned paper - Black Orchid
Terracotta Tile & Stamper's Select White cardstock
Terracotta Tile  & Orange Zest reinkers
Small piece of craft foam
Vineyards impression plate
Recollections Rhinestones
My Mind's Eye Stella Rose brad - Mabel
VersaMagic ink - Tea Leaves
VersaFine ink - Onyx Black


Thanks for visiting me today and if you have time, do check out that video it is an awesome technique that I will use again!

12 comments:

cutiephinphin said...

I LOVE the watercolor effect. And love how you did the inside of the card.

Sara Mac said...

Stephanie you totally rocked this technique! I love everything about this card. So glad you are enjoying the summer camp class. Keep these gorgeous creations coming.

Kristii said...

Absolutely beautiful!!! Your flowers turned out perfectly!!! Fantastic card!!

Cathy Weber said...

You have done such a great job with Card Camp Stephanie! I love this card and the watercolor effects. The flowers as your focal point with the terracota color behind it is gorgeous. Going to "camp" sounds like it was a great experience for you. Six hours, wow are you lucky!

I'm Renee said...

Those flowers are GORGEOUS!!
Love the way you used the technique!
Fabby card...
and aren't these colors FUN?
I can't stop with them :)

Danielle said...

Those flowers are GORGEOUS! What a great use of the colors for this week.

Kim O'Connell said...

Those flowers are beautiful Staphanie! They definitely look watercolored! Love it!

Margaret M said...

Lovely! Great job on MIM. I wish I had some reinkers so I could try this technique

carol (krillsister) said...

This card is gorgeous. Love your choice of colors using the reinkers. I also like your layout.

Mel said...

What a great example of the MIM technique. I've got to get some reinkers so I can try it. TFS

Shirley said...

It's awesome, Stephanie, it should be framed!!

Lorraine said...

This is beautiful, Stephanie! You rocked the MIM challenge. Love your stamping of the flowers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...