Saturday, July 9, 2011

Another Summer Card Camp Birthday card!

Happy, happy Saturday!!!
Are you enjoying your weekend?
I sure am!
I'm relaxing at the river reading, and crafting and soaking up every bit of time I get to be here.  
It will end in a few short months......so, I better take full advantage of it now! 



Today's card is another birthday card for a dear, dear friend.
I chose to go with darker hues of the color combination and I just love the results.

I tried a "new-to-me" technique called Rock-N-Roll combining many of the colors in the challenge.  The balloons turned out awesome doing this and I will be using it again.  I also used the same technique on the sentiment and I LOVE how the words turned out.  It sort of gives them some dimension that I didn't expect.



Here's the birthday card!
I used Tim Holtz Distress inks to do the Rock-N-Roll.......The red/orange balloon came out the best, but if you click to enlarge the photo, I'll bet you'll be able to see the light/dark greens and the light/dark oranges.  They really came out better than I had expected.

Love this sentiment from PTI's Make A Wish stamp set.  You may need to click on the photo in order to enlarge it so you can read it clearly.


 I combined the Summer Card Camp - Week 2 Color Combination with the i{heart}2stamp July Sketch Challenge.  There is plenty of time to join the sketch challenge, so if you like it, just click the link above and give it a whirl!!!  




Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Stampin' Up - Birthday Whimsy stamp set
Think Big Favorites #2 stamp set
Make A Wish stamp set (inside sentiment)
Imaginisce patterned paper - Apple cider
Ripe Avocado & Rustic White cardstock
Tim Holtz distress inks - Wild Honey, Fired Brick, Crushed Olive, Peeled Paint & Rusty Hinge
Rustic Jute Button Twine
VersaFine ink - Onyx Black



Thanks again for stopping by, today.  I've had a very busy week of posting and it's really nice to see all of your wonderful comments.  I truly appreciate them.

9 comments:

Arlene said...

Stephanie, this is beautiful! Love the bling on the balloons...really nice touch! :)

Arlene.

Kim O'Connell said...

Great take on that sketch, Stephanie! Love the color combo! Super cool technique!

Sue said...

Love this card, both inside and out!

Judy said...

Very pretty card, great use of the summer camp colors.
Have a great day
Judy

Shirley said...

Love it Stephanie!! How creative with your balloons and the colors are wonderful!

Katie said...

Very nice. Love the balloons.

Anna Hektor said...

I totally agree - the baloons turned out awesome! :-) Great job!
Love //Anna

Karen C. said...

Those balloons are just fabulous. Love the little rhinestones on them as well. You did a great job of the rock-n-roll technique. I agree the sentiment looks really fun with the various colours. Glad you're having a productive camping trip too!!

Margaret M said...

Stephanie I love this card...I like the layout, the colors..and the bling on the balloons!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...