Saturday, June 11, 2011

TY for the Gift!

I almost forgot to write a post for this card!!!
So, it's here, but done pretty quickly!


I never quite know what to do with big and bold patterns when I buy a mat stack or book of patterned paper.  As soon as I saw the Clean & Simple sketch below.......I knew I could use some of that paper!!!



Here's just one, but I know that there will be many more!


As I mentioned earlier, I used the Clean & Simple #144 sketch to make this card.  The little panel at the bottom looks so balanced using buttons to compliment the colors of the patterned paper.  I'm not sure if you can see it or not, but the flowers are super blingy!  Ya gotta love DCWV for sparkly patterned paper!

Here's the sketch:


Materials used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Tree Trimming Trio stamp set 
DCWV - Citrus Stack
Edgers #3 die
Rustic White cardstock
Vintage button mix - Autumn
Tim Holtz distress ink - Rusty Hinge
Rustic Jute Button Twine


Thanks for stopping by today!

9 comments:

Jill said...

Hey, yeah, this idea works great for those large-patterned papers, Steph! Great take on the sketch!

Keva said...

Oh, this is perfect! I have that same paper and have never really known when to use it or how, but this is perfect!

Jen said...

Just perfect! I think the edgers 3 looks marvelous here and is a refreshing take on scallops for sure. The selected sentiment rectangular element does add perfect balance where you've placed it. You're like the clever crafter's crafter. Again, I leave your blog inspired.

Rose said...

I LOVE how you used the mat stack 3 for the scallops !! The paper is the highlight of your card for sure but your elements complement it beautifully !!

Alicia a.k.a. Crafty Al said...

Great take on the sketch! Like how you replaced the small scalloped edge with the larger edger die. TFS

Jeremy and Samantha said...

Beautiful DSP, great use of the sketch to make the beautiful paper the focal point.

Glenda J said...

Great colours and I love the flowers!

Margaret said...

The colors in your paper really grabbed my attention! Perfect for summer! Great idea for using larger print paper! TFS!!

Anna (doctorfoodie) said...

Beautiful, and a fantastic way to use that bold patterned paper.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...