Friday, June 24, 2011

Sun, Moon and Stars for a Squigglefly card

Good morning, crafty friends!

Just a quick post with a Squigglefly card.

I was trying to prepare my card for Monday's challenge ahead of time since I'm away and I totally didn't read the directions carefully............so, when I went to post it, I couldn't use it......lol

So, I scrambled to make another card for the challenge and this one got to be posted today.

For this card I used Roann Mathias's Sun, Moon & Stars digi image.  I resized it to 2" and then printed it on a 6"x6" piece of patterned paper.

I just love sentiments as the main focal image on a card........and this one will be perfect for my Mikes on any given day, for any given occasion. 

Click to enlarge this so you can see it better, but I just love this Taylored Expressions impression plate.  The stars are so whimsical and fun!

This was the first time I've ever used Sizzix Adhesive Stickers.  I wanted my star to have glitter but didn't want to use a ton of glue and then wait to let it dry.  These adhesive sheets were so slick to use and worked perfectly for the glitter.  I'll be using them often, from now on!


I'm entering this card in the Off the Wall Craftiness #56 Color Challenge!  The colors are just perfect and who says patriotic has to be a "true" blue???  ;-)



Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Squigglefly Digital Images - Sun, Moon, Stars
Taylored Expressions - Stars impression plate
DCWV patterned paper - The Stack 6
MFT - Decorative Doily die
Seeing Stars die
Limitless Layers - 2 1/2" Circles dies
The Twinery - Caribbean
Stamper's Select White and Pure Poppy cardstock
Martha Stewart glitter - Feldspar
Sizzix Adhesive Stickers



Thanks for stopping by today!

10 comments:

Sue Ann said...

Super cute take on the challenge ...... love the larger limitless layers .... the dry embossed stars against the scor line is a great visual contrast but very understated ....... FABBY CARD!!!

~Tammy~ said...

I love your glittered star and the bit of twine is a great addition. So happy to have you play along with us at OTWC. Good luck!

Shirley said...

It is wonderful, Stephanie. I hear you on, oh, so I need something else and use this one later. LOLOL I have a few in start mode too!

BethieJ said...

Stephanie this is FANTASTIC! LOVE that sentiment!!!
Have a GREAT weekend!

I'm Renee said...

I LOVE sentiments as the main focal point on a card...
and I LOVE that sentiment!!
Fabby card!
Have a wonderful, relaxing time!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous details working in harmony with beautiful colors. I really like this.

Terri Fleming

Danielle said...

What a beautiful card! I love the glitter star, had no idea about sizzix adhesive stickers!!!!

Lorraine said...

Oh this is beautiful, Stephanie! I love the design, the colors and all of the detailing!

Tenia Nelson said...

What a very cool card!!! Love that sentiment!!! Thanks for playing at OTWC!!!

Amy said...

I have to totally agree with Sue Ann. Love love that embossed star pattern with your scoring! Fabulous touches! Love that glittery star too! Thanks for playing along with OTWC Stephanie!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...