Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Summer Card Class Color Challenge for Week 1

Starting this week, I get to enjoy an online Summer Card Camp class.
Basically, there are lessons and challenges every day for 4-weeks.  There are going to be challenges and prizes and you get to use what you have on hand......Perfect way to make me "stretch" my skills a little bit and learn something that I'm so very passionate about.
Can I just say that I'm going to love, love, LOVE this card camp..........
BUT
It's already pushing me wayyyyyyyy past my limits.....lol

Seriously, I just spent over 2 hours making this card.  I am just going to admit that I am definitely color challenged!!!  From looking at the card, you would never suspect that it took me that long to make, but I had such a difficult time using the 5 colors for this challenge.  Pink, orange and purple are difficult enough for me.......then they have to throw blue into the mix.......Sheesh!!! LOL
I guess this is why I need this class.  I would never have put all of these colors together on my own.  I am sooooooo happy that Jennifer and Kristina are making this a bit challenging.....I'm totally going to love the next 4 weeks!

So........Here's the 2-hour + card!
I just stopped at 2 scrapbooking stores while camping over the weekend.......The paper I used was from one of those stops.  Gotta love getting to play with your new goodies right away!

I just love these angled shots, and I couldn't decide which picture I liked better, so I included both!  ;-)

Here is the color palette for this week:

Thanks Jennifer and Kristina for pushing me on the first day, yet having me anxious enough to look forward to day two!  This class is going to really do me some good!

Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Daydreamer stamp set
Echo Park - Sunny Days patterned paper & brad
We R Memory Keepers patterned paper - Tiffanys
Impression Obsession Cover-A-Card - Screen
Stamper's Select White and Spring Rain cardstock
Charming Crochet - Crocheted Flower
Raspberry Fizz ink
Brilliance ink - Pearlescent Sky Blue
VersaFine ink - Onyx Black



Thanks so much for stopping by and visiting my blog, today!


21 comments:

Sue, a.k.a. midwestgirl said...

Beautiful card, I think you handled the color palette like an expert! But you're right, those 5 colors are a bit of a challenge, the purple was my hardest color to use. Sue #120

Maria La Chica said...

Great card! I love the design, but I especially like the crocheted flower, it gives the card a different feel!

Debbie Gaydos said...

Oh Stephanie, it was worth the struggle! This card turned out beautifully! I love your design, and the mix of papers is a perfect blend. I struggled with this color palette also, but then, the purpose of the class is to PUSH us, right!? :)

Karen C. said...

This is really a fun and colourful card. I know that I always go to a familiar colour scheme for my cards, so new combos are definitely a challenge. I didn't sign up for the card camp, but I will follow along with your adventure!!
Love the little purple flower - so cute!

Elena said...

what a beautiful card! that IS alot of colors - and bright ones! but you made it all work so well :)

LittleSurferGirl said...

Beautiful, Stephanie! I love your layout! Such a great way to use a lot of coordinating patterned paper! I really struggled with this color combo, too...but I guess that's what it's all about, right? The flower is fab. Looking forward to a great month!
-Amy Dann

Gina said...

Stephanie, you did beautifully with this card and the color scheme. I literally dreamed about it all night last night and kept waking up thinking "how can I add the orange?" or "where could I do the purple?" I'm going to the scrapbook store after my husband gets home today to see if I can come up with some paper I like that incorporates most of the colors. Your card is stunning!!!

Pam W Merwin said...

What beautiful papers! Love the combination that you used. The butterfly is gorgeous and love that flower.

Cathy Weber said...

Now you just know I had to make a comment on your card using the "screen" background! I love your card. The colors look so good togther, your two hours was worth it. I love that crocheted flower on your card too, great touch.

Cathy Weber said...

Now you just know I had to make a comment on your card using the "screen" background! I love your card. The colors look so good togther, your two hours was worth it. I love that crocheted flower on your card too, great touch.

Mary Jo said...

Your card turned out to be very pretty. That flower just makes it. New things to use are always fun.

BethieJ said...

Stephanie this is just BEAUTIFUL! You did a FANTASTIC job with the color combo!!!
Have a GREAT day!

Lorraine said...

Stephanie, your card is beautiful! I love how you incorporated the colors and the design. After seeing your & Danielle's cards, I must say that this class you're taking must be awesome!

I'm Renee said...

I think you did fabby with the color combo...
and oh man!
it's a doozy!
I never use orange...
very rarely purple...
and throw in the other 3 colors...!
Definitely a challenge...
and I think you soared through it!

Ginny said...

This card is A-MAZ-ING!!! I love how you stacked your paper in a such an artistic fashion, and the crochet flower is such a nice touch!!

Shirley said...

Wow, Stephanie, what a really lovely card! The way you stamped your two images is wonderful and your DP colors just really make it pop. I am in love with your crocheted flower too!

MsOktober said...

These colors are challenging but I think your card turned out great! The crocheted flower is very pretty :)

Jen said...

Fabulous! Amazing! Incredible!...and then some! Working out of your comfort zone certainly suits you. I am right there with ya sister on being color challenged. I have just registered for this class and am looking forward to getting booted in the backside to get a wriggle on some great new crafting perspectives. Your card is so inspiring. Can't wait to see what else you create.

Heather said...

Love what you did with the colors!

Danielle said...

This is so pretty! I love that flower and combo of papers!

Hollie Shepard said...

Your card is just wonderful!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...