Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Summer Card Camp Week 1 - Card 2!!!

Window cards!!!
I always wondered how you made one.  

Well in today's "Technique" video, we got to learn just that.  This was another 2+ hour card.....lol  I'm starting to believe that I'm just a slow processor.  My mind goes in about 50 gazillion different directions as I start and then I keep narrowing and narrowing down those ideas until I finally get something that works.

This worked!
If you click to enlarge you can see that the flowers on the inside of the card are purple, pink and orange.....I used another new IO CAC stamp for this card, too!  I don't have Staz-On ink, so I cold not stamp on the acetate window.......but, it is on my "crafty" list now!

I loved how Jennifer stamped the background of the inside panel so it came through the window, but I wanted a space to write on.  I came up with putting a lighter color of patterned paper from the front also on the inside.......Instant writing panel!  ;-)





Again, I'm using the color combination for this week:


Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Think Big Favorites #5 stamp set
Flower Fusion #3 stamp set
Fillable Frames #4 die
Impression Obsession Cover-A-Card - Sketchy Flowers stamp
DCWV patterned paper - Nana's Kitchen
Raspberry Fizz & Stamper's Select White cardstock
Wright's Purple Pom-Pom ribbon from JoAnn's
Memento ink - Grape Jelly
VersaMagic ink - Mango Madness and Purple Hydrangea
Raspberry Fizz ink


Thanks so much for stopping by and looking at another card, today!


16 comments:

Gayatri said...

I love the window, Stephanie! those flowers are cute. I love that big sentiment. I have ink those stamps. Gorgeous card :)

I'm Renee said...

Gorgeous!
I've never done a window card either...
but it looks so great I want to try!
Love how you used the colors...
those little flowers are adorable...
and great writing space!
Thanks so much visiting me...
and all your sweet comments...
they make me day :)

TenSGal said...

Wonderful card...love how you did your window!
And hello from a Summer Card Camp Classmate!

Karen C. said...

This window card is so cool. Definitely on my list of things to try, now!! The floral stamps that show are very soft and pretty, too.

Pam W Merwin said...

A beautiful window card! Love the stamping on the inside. Looking forward to seeing more of your cards during "camp".

Debbie Gaydos said...

This is so pretty Stephanie! I love how the inside of the card is so nicely tied into the outside... gorgeous!

Keva said...

This is adorable. I am totally freaked about trying to do a window card. I have never done one, but we'll see how it goes today. Mine could also be a 2 hour thing. LOL

Gina said...

I love the inside just as much as the outside of this card. The colors are incorporated all the way through and that's simply fab!

Shirley said...

Hi Stephanie, I love your card! I think the window is wonderful and the flowers on the outside are perfect for the flowers on the inside too! The trim is wonderful the way you used it! Sometimes what I do when I have your situation, is what you did below and then place a smaller white piece of cardstock on top so your bottom piece would look like a frame. I love your card either way!!!!

Ginny said...

Love your window card and those flowers are the front are just perfect! I have been hesitant to try this technique but I think you just gave me the inspiration I needed!

Marybeth said...

Great card, your time paid off.

Lorraine said...

Cool window card, Stephanie! You and the other post-its' beautiful projects have pushed me to sign up too. Not sure if I can create a lot, but hoping to learn new things, lol.

Sue Ann said...

Pretty Stephanie!!

Heather said...

I joined the class too! I love it!

Anne B said...

Way to go, Stephanie! Love your window and the little flowers peeking through. Great idea to divide the inside space too, to give an area for writing. Keep them coming :)

Margaret M said...

Stephanie, great job on the card! I know what you mean about taking 2 hours to do a card..I have signed up for the class too but won't be able to do anything until tomorrow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...