Sunday, June 12, 2011

Paper Crafts' rejected card.........But, I love it!

Just a super quick post this Sunday!

A while ago, I submitted the following card to Paper Crafts magazine.
It didn't get picked up, but I just love it anyway.


The sketch below was what it was based upon and I thought the sentiment I chose to pair it with was just perfect because of the buttons.  But, perhaps I was thinking too literally when I saw the sketch.

Unfortunately, I threw away my supply list after submitting it to the magazine.  I do know that PTI was used for the cardstock, stamps and buttons.......but, that is all I can remember right now......lol



Have a great Sunday!

6 comments:

Danielle said...

I LOVE this card! Paper Crafts loss ;o) So creative with the twine and buttons.

Janelle said...

You just never know exactly what they're looking for, so don't give up! You chose great colors... love all the criss-crossing baker's twine.

Karen C. said...

I love the way you've used the buttons and twine, Stephanie. And.. the sentiment is right on!!

Cathy Weber said...

I think they were crazy not to pick this card. It is a great interpretation of the sketch. you know what I have figured out about submitting, if I really like my card, I am going to make it in several colors and sentiments. If you look at what gets published, the colors on each page coordinate, so I bet sometimes the colors are the reason something might not get picked up. Or the sentiment. That is what I am going to do next time I submit.

Michelle Philippi said...

What a clever sentiment to go with your thread lines in every direction...and you coordinated your twine and your buttons...fun fun!

Leigh said...

What a cute and original card! I don't know why PC didn't pick it up-- I think it's fabulous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...