Friday, June 10, 2011

Out of my Comfort Zone!

Good Morning!!!
It's Friday!!!

For the card I'm sharing with you today, I was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy out of my comfort zone.......
but, I think that it is one of my favorites to date.

Didn't it turn out so colorful???  I sort of want to frame and hang it..........lol

This card came out of an inspiration challenge hosted by Crazy4Challenges.  The photo below is a cute little purse (that I wouldn't mind having) and you were to make a papercraft using the photo for inspiration.

I kept thinking and thinking about how I could make a panel that would imitate such a colorful background.  I ended up stamping and heat embossing the tree and leaves first.  Next I used 4 Tim Holtz Distress inks to sponge over the background and then I stamped on the birds and sentiment.  I really love the result.


Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Merry Little Christmas stamp set (tree)
Botanical Silhouettes stamp set (sentiment)
Through the Trees stamp set (birds)
Grunge Me stamp set (bird)
Tim Holtz distress inks - Peeled Paint, Chipped Sapphire, Rusty Hinge and Wild Honey
Fresh Snow ink
Filigree embossing powder - White
VersaFine ink - Onyx Black
Stampendous embossing powder - Midnight Black




Thanks for visiting today!
Have a wonderful weekend!

14 comments:

Kim O'Connell said...

WHOA! What a stunning card this is! Look at you! Rockin' the distressing inks! Love, love, love!

kelly said...

such a cute card! love where you took your inspiration from! and i think you have found a new comfort zone lol

Leigh said...

What a stunning card! You did such a fabulous job with the inspiration piece (or should I say inspiration purse?) :)

Soothing Waters Bath & Gifts said...

YES, its beautiful!

Denise said...

Steph, this is a beautiful representation of the inspiration photo! Your sponging is AWESOME... love how bold this is! Way to work it outside the comfort zone! ;)

Kristin said...

Wow- that is amazing- I never would have seen the Tree like that!! So perfect!! Love your sponging too!! Just a work of art here :)

Cathy Weber said...

I can not get over how much your card looks like that purse! You could not have done it any better. I can see why it would be out of your comfort zone, mine too, but you honestly made a gorgeous card that is so true to the inspiration piece. What a great card Stephanie.

Marybeth said...

Wow! You did an amazing job on making this look like the purse. Beautiful.

Kathy's Cozies said...

You may be out of your comfort zone...but it's a good place for you! This card is one of my favorites. The only word used to describe it is beautiful :) Hope you have a great weekend!

Terri said...

Great job! You should do things out of your comfort zone more often!

Ted said...

This is one of my favorites, too, Stephanie! I love those blended colors and how they don't detract from that tree and birds. The perfect sky! :)

Jill said...

Stephanie, *LOVE*!!! This is a stunner! Excellent job with the inks, and out of the box with the various stamp sets!

Monica K. said...

How cool! I love the non-traditional colors you used for the tree. The background looks awesome too!

Anna (doctorfoodie) said...

I would for sure frame it! lol!
It's beautiful; I love how you thought outside the box with this set, and the white blooms are stunning.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...