Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Little Things = Lots of FUN!!!

Yep..........FUN!  FUN!  FUN!
I had so much fun creating the card I'm posting today.
Again, it's one that is totally out of my comfort zone, using materials I've never used, doing things with materials I've never done and combining 3 challenges to get there!

Here it is!!!

Aren't those little spools of ribbon just darling?


For some reason, I decided to check out Moxie Fab World's inspiration challenge yesterday called "Rainbow Bright".  When I saw the awesome colors I had all kinds of ideas floating around in my head.  
 
 
Then 
LIGHT-BULB MOMENT!!!

I had little wooden spools from one of my Taylored Expressions Key Ingredients kits.  I honestly thought I would never EVER use them......but, just look at that! 

So then the dilemma became.....
"What can I use as thread?"  At first, I thought of wrapping floss around the tiny spools, but I didn't have the right colors.  The only other option was ribbon.  So, I cut a little snippet of ribbon and wrapped it around the center in which I attached a piece of 1/8" scor-tape.  Perfect result!
Finally, used my new Impression Obsession Cover-A-Card stamp called Stitches.  I simply layered on the rainbow colors in various colors and then rolled it over the paper using the Mega Mount.  I'm so excited that everything pulled together for this inspiration photo.



I'm also using this card for two other challenges.
The first challenge is one that I look at every week, but have yet participated.  The CAS-ual Fridays challenges are just that.......Clean & Simple!  They have challenged all kinds of things since they started but I really liked their "Bingo" style this week in their CFC #6 challenge.


I used the line straight across the middle.  The ribbon is on the spools.  And I cut the felt doily using a die!  I originally cut out a piece of Plum Pudding cs and then went to check the challenge, so I used felt instead!


Lastly, I used a CAS sketch from 365 Cards to put everything together!


Once I got the idea, everything came together pretty quickly!
Thank goodness!  LOL


Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise mentioned):
Impression Obsession Cover-A-Card - Stitches
Little Lady stamp set
Limitless Layers 2.5" Circles
MFT - Decorative Doily die
Royal Velvet felt
Various Inks and Ribbons


Thanks for stopping by to read my post today!


22 comments:

Tammy said...

Fantastic Stephanie! Love the spools, very clever.

Cathy Weber said...

Wow, did you come up with a good one today! I love the sketch and I have a whole bag of those little spools gathering dust in my craft room closet! Now I know how to fill them. Great job on this one. Perfect take on the sketch too. Love the IO stitches stamp. So glad you are using them!

Michele Gross said...

What a fun card! I love those little spools and so clever to wrap ribbon on them besides floss! Glad you had fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

T to the Essa said...

Those spools are to die for. Super cute card.

Annette said...

very creative..love your idea..

Keva said...

Oh my gosh,,that is SO cute, Stephanie. That's a brilliant idea.

June K. said...

Oh so clever, Stephanie. Love your spools of ribbon.

Danie May said...

Wow I love your inspired Card. The combination of the elements to meet all three challenges is fabulous and those little spools are too cute!

Margaret M said...

Stephanie I love those tiny spools and what a great idea of using ribbon! You card is so colorful and looks like it was fun to make! TFS!

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

What a smarty pants you are! I love the tiny spools of ribbon - very clever take on the challenge! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! Hope you'll join us again and share more of your beautiful work!

Marybeth said...

Very cleaver, turned out so cute . Good luck with some of the challenges

Dana said...

Holy crow this is so clever! You are a genius. SO happy you joined us for CAS-ual Fridays this week!

Rhonda said...

Your creative side was working on this one. Lots of fun elements.

Laura Davis said...

Soooooo cool!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura

Amy* said...

Those spools are sooooo cute!! The background is gorgeous...Bravo!

Shirley said...

Those little spools are adorable!! I love what you did with the CAC too! What a terrific gift for a sewer and who doesn't at one time or another!!!

Rose said...

LOVE your card and so glad you had FUN :)

wendipooh13 said...

what a fun card!!! I LOVE the sewing aspect of it!!! CUTE!!!

Manoli Navarro said...

Que bonita!
Me encantan esas bobinas de hilo.
Gracias por jugar con nosotros en 365 cards.

onecraftymama said...

Love that sentiment - it's too perfect :) And those spools...omg, how cute are they??? Beautiful card :)

Cath said...

Hey Stephanie! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

annieambriel said...

such a fab card.. love teh spool of threads :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...