Thursday, June 2, 2011

Little parting gifts for my students this year..... :-(

You are probably wondering why the sad face in the title...........
Well, I'm letting go of some pretty awesome kiddos again this year.
I'm so proud of all of them in many different ways and I truly wish that I could keep them next year..........but, try as I may, I'm betting their parents would want to them to move along and be successful next year, too.

We have a had a private little joke going all year with Post-It notes.  If you read a post of mine a few months back our "Post-It Note" King was sick and out of school for about 2 weeks........Well, he is the reason we have this fun little secret.  

I don't know how it started but little *ahem* Johnny loved Post-It notes and whenever I would ask the class to remind me to do something he would always write it on a Post-It and put it on his desk.  Needless to say, nothing was ever forgotten because *Johnny* never let me forget a thing.........which could also backfire for me.......but, we aren't going to go there!  ;-)

Anyway........due to the Post-It note jokes all year, I felt that these were absolutely perfect for my class this year.

Our school mascot is a "Yellow Jacket." So, the PTI Honey Bees stamp set was definitely a must have for me..........yet, this is the first time I've gotten to use it.  I can't wait to welcome some new teachers with the "Welcome to the Hive" sentiment the set has......It's just perfect!

Inside, I used a white opaque pen to write each student a little note.

Here they all are...........Just waiting to go to my babies (they hate when I call them that.......lol).

I've had a wonderful year with some wonderful kids.  
I'm hoping that they have a fantastic summer and come visit me when they are the "top dogs" of the building in 6th grade next year.


11 comments:

Keva said...

Stephanie this is too cute. I love that it even goes along with the school colors and mascot. Genius!

Karen C. said...

What a great gift for your students, Stephanie. I bet they'll never forget about the "Post-Its" class and teacher. I love the sentiment you've chosen as well. Just perfect!!

Joyce said...

These are so cute, and you are such a kind and thoughtful teacher to make them for all of your students. I know they will love them, and always remember you.

Joyce

Jen Carter said...

That is such a sweet and thoughtful gift! And that set is so perfect for your school, too fun!!

Jill said...

So perfect, Stephanie, all of it! The post it idea, the bee theme, your cute little design ... Much as I liked Mrs. Burns, my 5th grade teacher, I would have loved if she had made us a cool little gift like this!

Anna (doctorfoodie) said...

Beautiful gifts - and so thoughtful!

BethieJ said...

Stephanie these are DARLING! What a FUN gift for your kiddos (babies! My DD is in 5th grade and hates me to call her that! LOL!) Sounds like you are one FABULOUS teacher and they were LUCKY to have you too!
Have a GREAT day!

Margaret M said...

What a neat idea Stephanie! Glad you had a great group of kids this year!

Kristin said...

this is so cool Stephanie!!

Michelle Philippi said...

This is awesome....such a sweet thing to do for the kiddies.... That's what they need is more kind gestures to show them that the world is a wondeful place with wonderful people in it.

Leigh said...

How wonderful! I'm sure your students loved them-- such a perfect personal touch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...