Monday, June 27, 2011

It's Squigglefly Monday Challenge Day!!!

Good Morning, everyone!!!

It's a Squigglefly Monday!
So, that means there's a challenge and it's another fun, fun, fun challenge!

But, before I get into the challenge, I just want to thank Vicki my Squigglefly DT leader.  Our term for Squigglefly is up and she is not staying on because she is one creative and busy lady.  I'd just like to say what a joy it was working with her, Holly and the other DT members.  Coming in as a total newbie (never on a DT prior to this), I can't believe how much fun they made this term for me.  HUGS TO ALL OF YOU!  Keep visiting us!
Okay........enough of that sappy stuff! *sniff, sniff*

This week we are celebrating the 4th of July!  In order to show our American pride, we want you to use the colors of red, white and blue (like the American flag).  You don't HAVE to make a July 4th Celebration project to appreciate the red, white and blue color combo.....just use it as your inspiration this week and have fun with it!!!

I don't give out many 4th of July cards, but I do LOVE these colors together; so, I chose one of my absolute "go-to" images on Squigglefly and that is the Shy Bear images by Lynne Stansbery.  When I went looking at all of them, I really couldn't decide until I saw Shy Bear: Tubin Bear.  It was perfect since the inner tubes had stars on them.........but, I was torn between this one and a FREEBIE Shy Bear.  Have you seen the Shy Bears: God Bless Our Troops Bear???  This is another perfect image for this week's challenge!  

Here is my red, white and blue card!
When I was cutting up another 12"x12" patterned paper pad, I came across the sand and beach ball papers.  I honestly said to myself, "I probably won't use that paper anytime soon."  And, look!  LOL

The waves were on the same sheet as the beach balls separated into strips.......perfect for decorating the inside.

I hope you will take part in this week's challenge and go check out each and every one of the DT's cards so that you can get some red, white and blue mojo flowin'.

Don't forget to link up your card on the Squigglefly Blog, so that you can be eligible for a prize.  Remember that you can use any other stamps you want with your card, but in order to have a chance at some free digi images, you have to use at least one Squigglefly image!

Good Luck to you!


In addition to the color challenge, I also am entering this into the i{heart}2stamp challenge for June.  It was the perfect sketch to show off all of this awesome paper!



Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Squigglefly Digital Images - Shy Bear: Tubin Bear
Cloud 9 - Chocolate Chalet stamp set
DCWV patterned paper - The Stack 6
Enchanted Evening, Pure Poppy and Stamper's Select White cardstock
Nesties - Small circles and small scalloped circles
Smooch - Illuminate (on the stars, but it didn't show too well in the photo)
Copic markers - R24, R29, B21, B23, E57, E59, B37, E00 and BG70
VersaMagic ink - Night Sky


Thanks for visiting today!

14 comments:

Tammy said...

Wonderful red, white and blue card Stephanie! Awesome coloring.

*Vicki* said...

Oh my goodness girl!! You've used one of my favorite collection of SF images!! I love the Shy Bear line!! :) Gorgeous job with this color combo and Steph, you are a sweetheart...it's been such a pleasure working with you!! I've learned so much from your creative mind!! :) I'll still be around to stalk..er I mean follow you girl!! BIGGEST HUGS

I'm Renee said...

So adorable!!
Love it!
And I love red, white and blue...
navy is my favorite color...
followed closely by red...
so kind'a hard not to just love a red, white and blue combo!!

JD said...

You are right, this is a perfect image to this challnege! Great job!

Jill said...

This image is adorable, and your card is such a summer statement with the papers, starred innertube, and red, white, and blue combo! Fun!!

Debbie Gaydos said...

This is SO cute and fun, Stephanie! That little bear is ADORABLE.

Karen C. said...

Great fun card and super cute for July 4th as well. Makes me think of summer at the beach and yummy picnics.

Holly said...

oh Stephanie, this is such a fun card. Perfect for summer time! I love your layout and that sand paper you used! Fabulous coloring too!

Shirley said...

I have always thought this little guy was adorable!! You have really done him justice!!! He is so much fun and the inside is wonderful!

JanR said...

This is great! Love how you used the colours in your blog post too.

Anonymous said...

What an adorable card. It reminds me of childhood in the 70's floating in tubes and swimming all summer. Red, white and blue were really "in" colors then as well.

Terri Fleming

Dani said...

You totally rocked this challenge! Great card!

Heather said...

Adorable- the card is perfect for the sketch! Great job!

Rebecca said...

oh my goooooodnesss!! Shybear is sooooooo cute! I hadn't seen this digi before - you did this one fabulously!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...