Saturday, June 4, 2011

Happy Birthday Dear BIL!!!

Happy Birthday, Steve!!!
Yep! I had to make another masculine birthday card.  
I have to admit with the husband, nephews, brothers, fathers and BIL it seems like these masculine cards are getting a bit easier........or maybe it's because I've accumulated some more masculine stamps/papers/IPs!!!

Regardless, here's the card I made for my BIL!

Steve is a outdoorsy type of guy...... He hunts, rides quads and motorcycles, camps, etc........so, I'm hoping this fits the bill for a card for him.

Just a peek at the inside.

I used 3 challenges to make this card........The SCS Sketch Challenge, the Off the Wall Craftiness Color Challenge and the Impression Obsession - Let's Hear it for the Boys challenge.  All of these really worked together to help me think of something for this card!




Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Make a Wish stamp set and dies
Impression Obsession Cover-A-Card - Distressed Curduroy
Basic Grey patterned paper - Life of the Party
Tim Holtz distressed ink - Chipped Sapphire


Thanks for visiting my blog today!

8 comments:

Cathy Weber said...

You know I have to comment on this one Stephanie. Love that corduroy! It is the absolute best stamp to use for a masculine card. You paired it with that cute birthday present, and I love the brown shadow behind it. Great job and I hope you win the IO challenge!

Shirley said...

Hi Stephanie, I was so excited to see what you did with the Wood Grain CAC stamp, and what a really terrific card for a BIL too! Love the colors and the layout! Thank you so much for playing and good luck in the drawing too!!

Keva said...

This is super cute! I really like the corduroy background! I've never seen that before. Great colors, too!

~Tammy~ said...

Ohhh, I really love the corduroy background. This is the perfect guy card and perfect use of the OTWC challenge colors. Thanks for playing along and Good Luck!

Jaclyn Miller said...

Oh wow, this is so bold and makes such a statement. That background is awesome! Thanks so much for playing at OTWC.

Anna (doctorfoodie) said...

Fabulous!! Love that background stamp - it almost looks like PTI's corrugated cardboard. I'll have to track it down - thanks for the inspiration.

Amy said...

Stephanie, I LOVE that background stamp! Wow, makes for one awesome man card! Thanks for using the OTWC colors for this card!

Tenia Nelson said...

What a very cool card!!! Thanks for playing at OTWC!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...