Saturday, June 18, 2011

Fun Sunflowers!!!!

Just a super quick post this morning to add a quick card!

I used Nichole Heady's trick of outlining the flowers in a Copic close to their color.  Love how this looks

Just a strip of the sunflowers cut off the front panel makes for an easy border on the inside.

A few weeks ago, Impression Obsession came out with 12 or so (maybe it was 16) new Cover-A-Card stamps and I fell in love with this one from the very start.  

Sunflowers to me ARE summer!!!  I once was in total awe when we passed a sunflower field on the PA turnpike because I swear for 3-4 miles it was just a sea of golds, yellows and browns.  It was just stunning.

I'm entering this card into the Impression Obsession's "Fun in the Sun" challenge this week because I just love their stamps.......and to me, flowers are the fun part of summer!


Have a great summer day and go enjoy some flowers!!!

3 comments:

Shirley said...

Wow! Stephanie, this is just beautiful. I am definitely going to check out the technique too. Love your ribbon also. Thank you so much for playing and good luck in the drawing too!

Karen C. said...

Great sunflower card, Stephanie. Love the chocolate bow. It looks like crepe paper texture - very different effect..

Shannon White said...

Wow, Sooo Pretty! I love love love sunflowers too! I just got this CAC myself, but have not had a chance to ink it up yet. Thanks so much for the inspiration!

Hugs
Shannon 8-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...