Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Donna made me do it!!!!

First, you are probably wondering who is Donna?
Next you are probably wondering why I am blaming her.

Well, it all started on the PTI forum and Donna posted a question basically asking if she would regret cutting up all her 12"x12" patterned paper into 6"x6" squares for better storage.  Since she only makes cards and doesn't do any scrapbooking she didn't think it would hurt.

After reading her post and realizing that I have five to eight 12"x12" patterned paper pads before I stopped buying them, that I should do the same thing.  I'm just going to work on 1 pad a night so it doesn't become overwhelming.......but, I decided to do the same thing (since I also only make cards).  Here's the link to the thread, if you are inclined to see everyone's responses:  

The first patterned paper pad that I decided to cut is one of my favorites that I got this spring from DCWV called Green Tea Stack.  It's a ton of lime green, blues, and aquas.  Just gorgeous!  I never thought that I would end up with THIS much, though:

While cutting it up, I ran across 2 sheets that had this huge beautiful foil flower.  It was so, so pretty and I just had to use it.  So, I did what any good crafter would do.......I stopped cutting up the paper and I started crafting with those flowers......lol  I'm glad I did because look what came out of it.

These were probably the most simple cards that I ever did make.........but they are one of my favorites, too!

Soooooooooooooooooooo.....
YEP!
I am officially blaming Donna for these two cards!!!
I guess I better go start cutting paper pad #2 so I can find another gem!  ;-)


Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Big & Bold Wishes stamp set
Inside & Out: Thank You stamp set
DCWV patterned paper - Green Tea Stack
Simply Chartreuse cardstock
Misc. sheer chartreuse ribbon
VersaFine ink - Onyx Black



Thanks so much for stopping by, today!!!

18 comments:

Kim O'Connell said...

I might start blaming Donna to see what crafty magic happens here, too! Those cards are beautiful!

Michelle Philippi said...

I love the bright blue with the bright green...and that lace edging too...so girly in a non-pastelly kinda way. What an interesting idea on the paper cutting....

June K. said...

All Donna's fault that you ended up with these two beautiful cards. :) Seriously, you made great use of the large flower portion of the pp. Very lovely.

Gina said...

Those are great, Stephanie!!

Janelle said...

Great cards, Stephanie! Love 'em! I was just tidying up and putting away (yet more) 12x12 paper that I haven't used... maybe 6x6 squares would inspire me. Wait... I can't get distracted now... must continue cleaning up... must continue cleaning up... must...

Donna C. said...

Guilty as charged!!

Linda said...

Love those cards! Some papers are just so pretty that you don't need to add a thing. I love my patterned papers! Since I scrapbook (though it has been a little while), I'm not willing to cut up my 12 x 12 paper, but I periodically go through it and find those gems that I sometimes forget about. I do try to not buy so much of it but sometimes I can't help it!

Jill said...

Uh oh. Your post is cracking me up, Stephanie, but it's also giving me the urge to cut up my 12x12s too! Since I *occasionally* scrapbook, I have resisted so far. But if you see a "Stephanie Made Me Do It" post on my blog, you shouldn't be surprised! :-D. And then you can pass the blame on to Donna, LOL! You've made the right decision--clear evidence are these two beautiful cards who owe their existence to your cutting project!

Karen C. said...

Beautiful use of your patterend paper stash, Stephanie. The curved lacy edge really adds such a nice detail to the overall look, as well.

Shirley said...

Wow, Stephanie, those are just lovely! The colors are so vibrant, the design is so crisp, and the punched edge makes it so feminine!! Wonderful!

Kristin said...

LOVE these cards... I *can* resist since I scrap all the time. Except for all the paper I *don't* use... or that I am *saving* for that "one, special project"...hmmm... :)

Margaret M said...

Stephanie these cards are beautiful! I've got to take another look at my papers and see what inspires me!

Keva said...

I'm not EVEN going to read the part about cutting my paper up...lol..no way. :)

These cards are SO cute. I love the colors and that flower is gorgeous.

I'm Renee said...

I saw the convo that started it all...
and even though I don't scrap...
am resisting for now!
It makes perfect sense...
but I'm a scaredy cat!!
What if...?
I must resist...
I must resist...
And now you know this is why I love digi paper!

Soothing Waters Bath & Gifts said...

I LOVE these cards!!
I have a bunch of 12 x 12 books...but I'm afraid...I do use larger pieces though sometime, like having it wrap around back of card...so I must resist also, for now. A stack of 12x12 or a taller stack of 6x6 guess space-wise, no difference to me. :)
Love getting your blog each day. :)

Lorraine said...

Ooh, beautiful cards! Love the colors and the use of the doily dies!

Joyce said...

These are great cards. I love your use of the doily edger. I am almost ready to put that baby in my cart. You have inspired me to go through my precious stash of patterned paper. Why is it so much fun to buy, and so difficult to use?

Anna (doctorfoodie) said...

Beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...