Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Birthday Blocking with CAS-ual Fridays Challenge

Color Blocking???  
Have you ever heard of that?
This fairly new cardmaker hasn't, so I loved looking at all the DT examples.

It's rather fun, if I do say so myself.....but, I need more practice at it.
I'm sure hoping that mine works for this theme and challenge!

Please click to enlarge........It looks so much prettier when it's at it's full size.

Isn't that crocheted flower just adorable???  I have a very talented friend that makes Cozies (gorgeous quilted covers) for all kinds of craft machines/electronics (Cricuts, Big Shots, Kindles, Big Kicks, Vagabonds, iPads, Cinch machines, etc.) and I'll be introducing her Etsy store to you later this month........BUT, her talented sister makes these adorable flowers.  I just happened to have a brad that matched my patterned paper perfectly and using it with the crocheted flower was a match made in heaven. 

If you would like to get some of these little flowers you can click HERE for Linda's Etsy Shop.
If you decide to purchase any.........please tell her that "Stephanie" sent you!
She'll get a kick out of knowing that you all like her flowers for embellishments.


This card was inspired by CAS-ual Fridays' CFC #7.  



Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Ad Sense stamp set
Basic Grey patterned paper - Sweet Threads
Fillable Frames #1
My Mind's Eye Lush brads - Green
VersaFine ink - Onyx Black


Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Don't forget to check out those little crocheted flowers!


5 comments:

Michele Gross said...

Its beautiful! I love the elegance you've created in such a wonderfully CAS design :) Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!

Linda said...

Beautiful card Stephanie! I love the brad matching the paper and the crocheted flower is gorgeous. I've used up all the ones I've made and I need to make more. TFS!

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Super cute, Stephanie! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays. Looking forward to seeing more of your beautiful work!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Lovely card!

Shirley said...

Wow! This is wonderful! I love that flower and your whole card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...