Thursday, June 16, 2011

13 more Christmas cards - DONE!!!

I'm so happy that I got 13 more done!
That brings my total made for 2011 up to 52!

I got the idea for these Christmas cards from the Christmas Card Challenge #28.  I always check in with them on Sundays to see if I have what I need to meet the challenge and when I saw the sketch (posted below), I knew I could create a bunch of them.  My main goal was to use as much of my old Christmas patterned paper as I could because I just know that I'll want the new stuff being released this holiday season.  It worked because I only have six 6"x6" sheets left from Echo Park's Wintertime

Here are the 13 cards that followed the challenge.  Please click to enlarge the photo as they seemed to get blurry because of the size change to fit blogger.
These 3 used the Wintertime pp for the background and the 2 tinier panels.  Love the fact that Ocean Tides plays an integral part of the holiday colors instead of traditional Holly Green.
Here are 3 more using a softer aqua/Ocean Tides background.
My favorites used Pure Poppy as the background that was stamped with Impression Obsession's Cover-A-Card Snowflakes using VersaMagic's Dazzle.  You can't see it in the photo, but it looks so awesome in real life.
This is the basic inside for all 13 cards.  The only difference is the snowflake punched panel is on different pp that matched the outside.




And here's the sketch that made all of these cards happen:




 Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Technique Tuesday - O' Christmas Tree stamp set
Holiday Wishes stamp set
Inside & Out: Holiday stamp set
Impression Obsession Cover-A-Card - Snowflakes
Echo Park patterned paper - Wintertime
Pure Poppy, Stamper's Select White, Ocean Tides and Rustic White cs
VersaMagic Dazzle ink - Frost
VersaFine ink - Onyx Black and Crimson Red
Brilliance ink - Galaxy Gold
Ocean Tides ink


Thanks for taking a look at my blog today!!!

9 comments:

Kim O'Connell said...

ugh! You show off! You are too organized! These are beautiful, Stephanie!

Rhonda said...

Oh my, I'm envious. You are so ahead of the curve!!!

Karen C. said...

This grouping of cards is just awesome, Stephanie. The tree image is great - love the variety in background papers too.

Keva said...

Christmas?!? Eek..Stephanie these are so pretty. Love the colors and that image is very cool. What a great idea to get started on your Christmas cards. I always seem to procrastinate and then end up buying cards...lol

Cathy Weber said...

I can't believe how many cards you have already made! You weren't kidding back in January when you said you were going to get going on it. I have 2! I love the ocean tides on the tree. It is a great choice and so nice a change from the traditional green.

Leigh said...

These are great! Good for you for tackling these now!

Tammy said...

Fantastic Stephanie, you are way ahead of the game with such awesome cards.

Jen said...

You go girl! You're on fire! Whoot! Goregeous cards nonetheless. One smart cookie you are.

Shirley said...

You are such an inspiration in this category! You will be ready and these are just such a pretty design too~!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...