Sunday, May 29, 2011

Verve's May-Week 4 Challenge!

Can you believe that it is the last day of May???
Sheesh!  Time did fly this month!
This post will fly, too, because it's going to be quick and simple.......lol

This is a little late for the week it was posted but you have until June 2nd to enter with all of the cards for the month.  The main reason it took me so long is because this card truly stumped me.  Those darned little corners were puzzling to me because I do not own a square punch.  I finally came up with a good solution using PTI's Alpha Block die and hand cutting them to work......lol

I have to say that I may NOT be giving this one away.  It was a labor of love......and I just love these colors and SEI's patterned paper!!!  Please click the image to enlarge it to see those pretty little flowers inside the silver cs watering can!



Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Garden Variety stamp set
SEI patterned paper - Black Orchid
True Black, Silver and Stamper's Select White cs
Alpha Blocks die
Double Ended Banner die
Nesties - Classic & Scalloped large ovals
Memento ink - Dark Chocolate and New Sprout
VersaFine ink - Onyx Black
Studio G. ink - Dark Aqua

7 comments:

Keva said...

Very nice, Stephanie! The patterned paper totally sets off the rest of the card. Love it.

Kim O'Connell said...

ACK! That is is GREAT! Awesome take on this sketch! I need to do this one and the last one myself. Did you see that sale going on at Verve this weekend? Just treated myself to some new stamp sets!

Linda said...

Great card Stephanie! I think you did a great job with the corners. Great idea to use the alpha blocks!

I'm Renee said...

Beautiful!
Love it all...
and brilliant to use Alpha Block die for the corners!

Deanna Jean said...

Oh..I love this! Your color combo is beautiful. The garden tools in the corner are the perfect touch. Simply amazing!

Terri said...

Very nice! Love your use of the garden variety die cuts. What a clever idea to use the alpha blocks to help make the corner pieces.

Jessie said...

Beautiful card Stephanie! I am loving Garden Variety so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...