Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Sympathy Card for C&S and Impression Obsession Challenges

Happy Wednesday!!!

I don't know why, but yesterday I spent most of the day making sympathy cards.
I honestly enjoyed the process and am thrilled to have a few on hand.
Sometimes when you need one and need it quickly, you aren't in the best place to produce a nice card, at least for me, anyway.

So, today's card is following 2 challenges which I'll talk about after I show you the pictures, but I have to say once again........if you haven't tried Impression Obsession's Mega Mount and Cover-a-Card stamps, you really need to get just one to try!  I'm in love.....and have a large wishlist just waiting for me over there......lol

I know Dawn McVey said in this week's MIM that you don't have to use dark colors, but I really liked the way this turned out using just the black and white.

The beautiful sentiment from Impression Obsession's Sympathy Sentiments stamp set.  I absolutely adore all of the sentiments in this heartfelt set.

As mentioned earlier in my post, this was made using 2 challenges.  The first is hosted by Impression Obsession and is called "Things Are Not Always Black and White."  This is my very first challenge for them....but, since I'm loving their stamps, I don't doubt that it will be my last.

The 2nd challenge that I used to make this card is the Clean & Simple #141 Sketch Challenge.  I loved using the new PTI Edgers #3 die to create the smaller panel.  It was just perfect for this card.

Well, there you have it!  
A black and white sympathy card that really is just beautiful.


Materials Used:
Impression Obsession - Cover-a-Card: Vines
Impression Obsession - Sympathy Sentiments stamp set
PTI - True Black, Stamper's Select White, Soft Stone and Smoky Shadow
PTI - Edgers #3 die
Straight n' Narrow ribbon - Dancer's Black
Recollections - Floral Embellishment



Thanks so much for visiting me today!

6 comments:

Anne B said...

This is gorgeous Stephanie. I think the black/white looks very elegant and understated and I love the sentiment you chose for the inside :)

Michelle Philippi said...

This is really pretty....and the best idea to make sone when you don't really need them because when you do need them it totally sucks... Love that flower too!

Cathy Weber said...

Love the black and white with the beautiful large flower. Good take on the sketch and, you know I love the IO stamp!

Kelly said...

So elegant! Love the flower!

Shirley said...

Stephanie, your card is lovely. I like how you used the CAC, your sentiments, both inside and out, and that beautiful rose.

I want to thank you so much for playing and wish you good luck in the drawing too! Have you considered the Follow Me for your sidebar. I know people want to see what you are doing. :-)

Leigh said...

What a lovely and elegant card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...