Monday, May 2, 2011

Squigglefly Monday!!!!

Good morning, paper crafters!!!

I am soooo, soooooo excited about this week's challenge!

Are you ready?
If so, join us over at the Squigglefly Blog so we can see your beautiful creation!!!

I saw this technique in Cards' April issue and I knew I couldn't wait to try the "Folded Circle Flower" technique.  If you get the magazine the article can be found on pages 66-69.  You have to try it because it is so easy and makes the most beautiful flowers......................

which just happens to be the theme for this week's challenge!!!

This week we want you to think SPRING!  With Spring comes rain!  And of course the rain helps bring out all of those gorgeous flowers!  So, incorporate "May flowers" on your creation for this challenge.....paper flowers, make your own flowers or use a Squigglefly image that incorporates flowers on it.  Most importantly, have fun!

I definitely had fun making mine!!!

Now don't panic.......because my Squigglefly image is on the inside!  I just had to make this flower and allow it to take main stage..............

This was the perfect image for the inside.  It is called:  Friends are the Flowers in the Garden of Life and it was drawn by Nina Brackett

 I used the Taylored Expressions April Sketch for this week.  It worked perfectly!!!




Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Bloomin' Button Bits stamp set (outside sentiment)
Whirlybird patterned paper (not sure of the manufacturer)
Rustic Cream cardstock
Marvy 1.5" scallop circle punch
Medium Scallop border die
Nestabilities - Classic Rectangles - Large and Classic Scalloped Rectangles - Small
Taylored Expressions - ribbon
Copic markers - R37, BG53, YG13 & YG17, RV32 and E23 (image inside)




Thanks for visiting me today!!!

18 comments:

Kim O'Connell said...

Beautiful flower and I love your choice of patterned papers, too! Happy Monday! Only 4 more days until weekend!

Chris said...

Wow! That folded flower is amazing!

*Vicki* said...

Oh wowzer Stephanie!! This is sooo gorgeous!! LOVE your dahlia flower fold and the pretty Spring colors and papers!! Beautiful job hun!!! :)

Denise said...

Ohh. My. Goodness. LOVE! I have been wanting to try a circle flower - divine!! This card is so perfect - HUGS!

Dani said...

Fantastic card! I love this!! :)

JanR said...

Lovely!

Holly said...

Stephanie, your folded flower turned out so pretty! I love the papers you used. It's the perfect presentation to the inside sentiment!

Karen C. said...

the folded flower is really stunning, Stephanie. Love the way you've finished the inside of the card as well - so fun.

Baseret said...

Such a pretty flower! Love the PP that you used.

Dana said...

Gorgeous card Stephanie inside and out!!
Hugs~
Dana

I'm Renee said...

Gorgeous!
Love that flower!
And your pp is fabby...
perfect for this card!
Beautiful...
outside...
and in!

Rebecca said...

sooooo very awesome! I never would have thought to make a folded flower, well done!!!!

Joyce said...

Your card is so beautiful. I love the choices you made with colors and patterns. And that flower is something else. I think I have that magazine--will have to check on how to make that flower, because it's impressive. I know whoever receives that card will know how special they are to you.

Anne B said...

That flower looks amazing - love the colours. I think I have to try it out too - looks so effective :)

Jessie said...

Really neat card Stephanie! I love the way you did the flower and it matches the boarder!

Kristin said...

beautiful as always stephanie!! love the pink :)

Michelle Philippi said...

Love that flower.....and the bow on top. And love the inside too - really like seeing when you do your card insides too...all nice and finished off like that.

Jen said...

Um, er..um...WOW! I think that pretty much sums up how I feel about this amazing card. Gee, you're uber clever.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...