Monday, May 30, 2011

Squigglefly Monday - Triple Digits Challenge


Happy Memorial Day!!!
I hope you are enjoying the day and celebrating with family.

Are you ready for a super, super, super challenge?
I know you are! So, get ready to think in THREES!!!

For this challenge, we are celebrating reaching our triple digit challenge (this is challenge 100!!!!).  So, you need to think in THREES!  Use 3 of something on your creation......3 flowers, 3 brads, etc.  
You get the idea!

For my card I used the cake from Squigglefly's Birthday Set by Michelle Bertuzzi!  This is a wonderful set for a few reasons.........First, it has 13 images for just $4.00.  Second, it contains a VERTICAL sentiment!  If there is one thing I wish designers would create, it's more vertical sentiments.  I've needed them so many times but then end up adjusting my layout to use a horizontal one.


Here's my totally tripled out card.
 
I was a bit worried with black for a birthday card, but this turned out so classy!!!  I have just the friend in mind for this one!

Did you find all of my triples???
3 candles
3 layer cake
3 layer card
3 colors (black/pink/silver....white does not count and neither do the flames....lol)
3 kinds of bling (silver glitter cs, silver Sakura Pen, Smooch on icing)

I absolutely can not wait to see what you create for our triple digit challenge!  If you need some awesome inspiration, please go to the Squigglefly Blog to see some of the great creations made by the DT!!  Remember, if you use a Squigglefly image, you have a chance to win even more images!!!


On a different note........

Did you ever start with what you thought was a great idea for colors or layout for your card and then totally take a 360 with what you created???

This happened to me when I was making this card.  I took almost 30 minutes to go through patterned paper that I wanted for this image.  I found some really cute paper from the Basic Grey Cupcake pad and layed out in front of me.......Then, as you've probably read before, I use these patterned papers to pick the Copics I'm going to use.  This added on another 10 minutes.......Then I sat down to color. 
Who has ever seen a rainbow cake????  Ughhhhhhhhh!
Obviously, I scrapped that whole idea and started again.  Luckily, I always print 2 to 3 of the images at a time and I had just one more cake left over.  

How I ended up going with pink, silver and black.......I'll never know.  But once I started with that, it took me less than 10 minutes.......*rolls eyes*

Just thought I'd share that bit of frustration because I know we've all been there!


Materials Used:
Squigglefly Digital Images - Birthday Set
PTI - Ad Sense stamp set
PTI - True Black, Silver and Stamper's Select White cs
DCWV patterned paper - The Glitter Stack
Taylored Expression's Key Ingredients ribbon
Smooch - Illuminate
Martha Stewart glitter pen - Curry
Sakura Gelly Roll pens - #520 and #523
VersaFine ink - Onyx Black
Copic marker - R83


Have a wonderful, wonderful, wonderful holiday!!!


10 comments:

Holly said...

Love the pink and black color combination Stephanie. I really like how your candles pop up over the top of the card.

*Vicki* said...

WOW!! Stephanie, this is totally gorgeous girl!! I love the sophisticated use of your colors with the triple layer cake hun!! Beautiful job on the card AND the challenge!!! BIG HUGS

Rebecca said...

Love your tripled out card! The black is very classy and I love your finished product! We have all definitely "been there" when we've started out in one direction and ended up with something totally different :-)

Linda said...

Cute card! I can so relate about starting out with an idea and ending up with something totally different. It happens to me sometimes too. You did a wonderful job on this one.

Cathy Weber said...

I loved this peek into your creative process Stephanie. Cute card and I love the triples in it. I think I'm going to get this download. Love the vertical sentiment on it.

Kim O'Connell said...

Fun, cute , and classy! Three compliemnts! Take that, that, and THAT!

JanR said...

Tee hee, been there, done that. It turned out great in the end though!

Keva said...

This is really cute, Stephanie! Love the color scheme and that cake is adorable!!

Dani said...

Totally loving your card!! :)

Stephanie said...

Great card. Love all the 3's. I wouldn't have spotted all of them, so thanks for pointing them out. Phew, I'm tired, that was a lot work, or at least it looks it.

I have MANY MANY at time, spent forever then scrapped the idea for something else that whips together in no time. Guess it was just meant to be that way.

My biggest frustration is when your almost finished colouring your image, it is just the way you want it and you drop your marker or mess up some how. That is a major pain, especially unlike you, I have not mastered the art of printing more then one of the images at a time to fall back on.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...