Sunday, May 15, 2011

Lots of Extra Love for the Color Throwdown and The Sweet Stop Challenges

Happy Sunday!!!

I did it!  I got to craft all weekend!!!  
I managed to make 10 cards for the Relay for Life fundraiser, 10 Post-It Note holders and 3 other cards that I'm scheduling to post this week! 

SUCCESS!!!



This afternoon, I made this very special card for a friend that is having a very difficult time right now.  I can't wait to just swing by her home and put it in her mailbox.

I got to use my new release items from MFT and I am LOVING them!!!  
OMG are they just fun to work and stack and embellish with.  This card features the Well Worn stamps and dies and also the Rolled Daisy die.  So fun!  My daisy isn't perfect (I think there is a slight learning curve) but I'm sure they will become better the more I use it.


I used another one of my new Impression Obsession Cover-a-Card stamps called Stitches for the background.  It worked perfectly with the denim background for the back mat.

Just plain and simple on the inside.......I absolutely love PTI's Healing Touch Sentiments for exactly these kinds of cards.


Using The Sweet Stop sketch this week, I managed to get the stamps from MFT to work perfectly as long as I turned the sketch on its side.  Almost looks like this was made for those stacked die cuts!!!  Then I paired it with the Color Throwdown Challenge.  Not sure that the yellow is saffron, but it was all that I had.  That little hint of color was just what this card needed.




Materials Used:
MFT - Well Worn stamp set & dies
MFT - Rolled Daisy die
PTI - Healing Touch Sentiments stamp set (inside)
Impression Obsession Cover-a-Card - Stitches
Basic Grey patterned paper - Sultry
VersaFine ink - Deep Lagoon
Studio G. ink - Hot Pink
Misc. bead and ribbon


Thanks so much for checking out my blog this evening!!!



4 comments:

Kristin said...

*love this* and you're right... HTS from PTI is perfect for friends going through hard times! so glad you are able to make someone feel better- that's what i love about what we do :)

Kim O'Connell said...

Cool card! Very cheerful! I got that daisy die, too! It does take a little practice, but well worth the effort!

Jen said...

You're on fire you crafty minx you! Brava! Fabulous card. Love the stitched background. Its way cool! Gorgeous card all round.

dpkennedy said...

The label you created is so pretty! Thanks so much for playing the Color Throwdown!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...