Wednesday, May 11, 2011

I'm Back........with a Birthday card!!!!

I'm back!!!  
It's been a long, long time since I've posted anything on my blog.......almost 10 days!
Life has just not given me a chance to get into my craft room......
Lots of good things, but also many meetings and busy weekends leaving me with no "Stephanie Crafting" time.

Unfortunately, this will probably be all that I get to do until the weekend.......
more meetings and some get-togethers with good friends the rest of the week.

So, here it is!!!

This card is for my dear father-in-law who will be turning 87 this month!!!
Can you believe it?  I hope I make it to 60, let alone 87!
I honestly have difficulty even imagining everything he has experienced in those 87 years........from no TV to HD and dish networks.......simple phones to cell......phonograph players to downloaded music......
It simply amazes me.

Doesn't that Corduroy background just look amazing?......Read below to see what I used!

I'm going to cross off the word "MINE" and put in "OURS" instead so it will be from both my husband and me.  I wish more stamps were made with "collection" words instead of just I, mine or me.

So, I mentioned in the caption above that I tried a new product.  I ordered these huge (and I mean HUGE) stamps about 3 weeks ago.  They came and I've had to just stare at them......but, I finally got to break out my new Impression Obsession Cover-a-Card background stamps and Mega Mount.  
I AM IN LOVE!!!!
Seriously, if you have never seen or ordered these stamps they are amazing!  One roll with the Mega Mount and your card front is completely done and looks awesome!!!

I did use the Viva La Verve May Week 1 sketch to get the mojo flowin'.  To be honest, I was quite worried that I wouldn't be able to create a thing.......being that I haven't done so in awhile.  I'm glad this sketch made things so much easier.



Materials Used (all PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Big Birthday Wishes stamp set
By the Numbers dies
Impression Obsession Cover-a-Card - Corduroy
Makin' Memories patterned paper - Just Chillin'
Kraft cardstock
Nestabilities - Classic Ovals Large
VersaFine ink - Vintage Sepia and Onyx Black


Thanks so much for stopping by today! 
Oh, how I've missed stamping!

10 comments:

Karen C. said...

Great card, Stephanie. i like the bold colours and patterns you've used. The background stamp really does look amazing- perfect choice for a masculine card.

Cathy Weber said...

So great! That corduroy looks just perfect on that birthday card. I love the numbers on the card too. So glad you love the stamps.

Monica K. said...

Oh, I love this!! The texture in the background looks awesome and I like the stars patterns too. Really great card!

I'm Renee said...

He will love it!
And I can't imagine all the changes he has seen in his life...
and I have wonder if he would agree that they are all as wonderful as we believe them to be?
A special card I know he will cherish...
beautiful!
And btw...
those IO stamps are moving fast and furious on my wish list! :)

Anna (doctorfoodie) said...

Love it! The colours, the layout, everything! Aren't those Impression obsession backgrounds the best? I discovered them just a few weeks ago, and I've gotten rid of some of my PTI backgrounds as a result, because it's SO much easier with one large stamp.

Linda said...

Great card! I love the Cover-a-Card stamps and the Mega Mount too! Aren't these fun! You make me want to play with mine right now! Awesome job!

Margaret M said...

Great card Stephanie! I like the corduroy background and the sentiment. I know what you mean about sentiments not saying our.

Jessie said...

Really cool card Stephanie! I totally understand the no stamping time due to life!! Thanks for the intro to another really cool looking stamp site! Have a wonderful weekend!

Lorraine said...

This is a great masculine card, Stephanie! Love the design, patterns and colors!

Danielle Therese Greenwood said...

Awesome card!! I love the star paper you used so much. The whole card is just perfect- he'll love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...