Friday, May 27, 2011

Ice Cream, anyone???

It's Friday!  Friday!  Friday!!!

How about some ice cream???
I think I'll hit up McDonald's for a Mocha Frappe on that note!

Stephanie over at the {stamps} of life has done it again.  She came up with the cutest set for this month's club members.  I realize it's the 27th and I've had these for a few weeks.....but, I finally did get to ink them up.


Isn't this just a fun card?


You may be wondering where I got these colors of lavender and yellow.  Here's the story.  On our way home from our field trip with the 5th graders, we stopped at a local ice cream shop.  The flavors of the day were blueberry and birthday cake.  Well the kids just loved birthday cake.  In fact, one of them said it was "heaven in a cone!"  LOL  For some reason, my mind has been focused on that pale yellow and lavender ice cream ever since!!!

I chose the Card Patterns #116 Sketch Challenge to feature my ice cream cone.  
It worked perfectly!



Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
the {stamps} of life - scream4icecream
2008 Bitty Dots patterned paper
Kraft, Lavender Moon, Lemon Tart & Harvest Gold cs
DCWV patterned paper - Safari Kids
Edgers #3 die
Double Ended Banner die
Nesties - Classic Ovals Large
Dark Chocolate ink
VersaFine ink - Onyx Black


Thanks for stopping by!  
Now go get some ice cream!


6 comments:

Denise said...

I love this. I {must} run over and get this set for my very own... delightful.

Also, BIG congrats on your PTI shout out! SO exciting and well deserved!!

Jessie said...

Love it! The colors are great! Have a wonderful weekend!

Kim O'Connell said...

SO cute! It's finally hot here in MA and that ice cream is sure looking good right about now!

Nina Brackett said...

This is adorable, Stephanie. I'm glad you got to play with Card Patterns this week.

Jen said...

What a yummy scrummy card. I love your creative vision. I mean, only you could construct such a gastronomic delight from that sketch. Absolutely good enough to eat! Just Awesome!

I'm Renee said...

So yummy!
I love it!:)
The colors are fabby and love your take on the sketch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...