Wednesday, May 25, 2011

HB 2 U for my nephew!!

I love having a few days off.......It really gets the mojo rollin'!!!

I loved the Sweet Stop #109 Challenge this week.  It had a twist to make a masculine card and it was just perfect for my nephew who has a birthday coming up in July.  He'll be 15 and I'm so very proud of him and all that he does with his grades and sports. Can you tell that Auntie Teacher is talking???  LOL

Anyway, I really tried my hand at the "grunge" look for him, since I know it's "all the rage" right now for teens..........but, I'm not sure I got it right.  Please give me your honest opinions, because I have lots of time until I have to send this.......lol

Here is his card!

Imagine my surprise when I found out that the "HB 2 U" sentiment from PTI's Birthday Bash Sentiments stamp set fit right inside the frame from PTI's Grunge Me!!!  It's perfect for a teen!  I just chuckled because that was one of the questions on PaperTrey Radio and I thought to myself, "I never find any cool stamps that work together."  LOL

And.......When you open it up, this is the inside sentiment.

As I mentioned earlier, the Sweet Stop sketch was the main inspiration and here is the image for the challenge:


What a fun card to make! 
Let's hope a "15" year old will think it's cool!



Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Grunge Me stamp set
Birthday Bash Sentiments stamp set
Big Birthday Wishes stamp set (inside)
Making Memories patterned paper - Just Chillin'
Enchanted Evening, Harvest Gold, Soft Stone and Stamper's Select White cs
By the Numbers dies (inside)
VersaMagic ink - Thatched Straw
Enchanted Evening ink
VersaFine ink - Vintage Sepia



Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to visit my blog!


9 comments:

Leigh said...

What great cards! I especially like how you used the Grunge Me set on the first one!

Margaret M said...

Stephanie I think your nephew will approve and give you an A+ for this card! I like your choice of pattern paper and cardstock.

Karen C. said...

Grunge Me is a perfect set for a teen card. I love the plaid paper choice as well. It's just the right look for a 'boy' card. Great combo of stamps on the inside and outside of your card. Love those number dies; they make such an impact!!

Jessie said...

Cool cool card for your nephew! He should really love it! I think it is totally grunge! Ok I know I am no where near a teen! But I really think he will love it! :)

Lorraine said...

Stephanie, was going to say I love the design & colors of your card. I didn't realize it was grunge until I read the post and zoomed in on the photo, lol! Looks even better zoomed in - love the background embossing too. I made a really grungy card for my brother. I didn't post it because I thought I went overboard - but he absolutely loved it. So all I would say is don't be afraid to use darker colors too when you grunge, lol.

Joyce said...

What a great card. I love the plaid. Great use of the Grunge Me set, and I think your nephew will love this card.

Cathy Weber said...

What a great discovery you made with the HB 2 U and grunge me set. This card is perfect for a teenage boy, tough ones to make but you really nailed it. I love the finished inside too, one of your trademarks!

Keva said...

This is too cute. he'll love it.

Jen said...

Whoot! Too fabulous! I think you can wonderfully check all the boxes. No foolin' this is so wonderful! The plaid and the tasteful use of GM. I find GM an easy one to go overboard with but you have managed to make it look classy! I'm tipping my hat to you and your tremendous skills. Fantastic inside and out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...