Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Bloomin' Birthday Wishes for Verve Sketch

Happy Tuesday to you!

Quick post as I am making sure I get this up to qualify for this month's Verve challenge.

Here is the very last Verve sketch for the month of May.  I was at our river lot on Friday when the sketch came out, and obviously, I didn't have anything with me to make it there.......so, I mulled it over about a million times to get some ideas.  As soon as I got home on Monday, I unpacked everything, started laundry and then hit the craft room to make this card.  I just love how it turned out.

I tried doing the "wavy" stitching on the sewing machine and to me, I think my straight stitches are better........lol

Here's the link and image for the last Verve sketch in May!  The good news is......I finally ordered some Verve stamps and they are on their way to my doorstep.......Maybe I'll have them to play with for June's week 1 sketch!

Materials Used (all PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Butterfly Kisses stamp set
Bloom Builders die (small)
Basic Grey patterned paper - Archive
Vintage Ivory cs
Dark Chocolate ink & button
DMC floss
Janome Sew Mini - Stitch C/Tension 4


Thanks so much for stopping by today!

5 comments:

Kim O'Connell said...

Gorgeous flower! I am just about to post mine as well.....obsessing over the weekend about needing to get that done to qualify for the Verve cashola as well! We are two peas in a pod!

Sara Mac said...

Great card Stephanie! I love the mix of patterned papers. The stitching looks great too.

Anne B said...

Well, I quite like the wavy stitching effect. You nailed that challenge - particularly love that flower!

Jessie said...

Love your stitching Stephanie! The card is wonderful! I love the way you used the strips of paper.

Lorraine said...

This is beautiful, Stephanie! Love the papers and all of the stitching you did.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...