Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Birthday card for the CR84FN and Verve Challenges!

Good morning, everyone!!!

Just a quickie post for a cutie card!
I finally got to ink up a new stamp set that I got for PTI's April release called Ad Sense.  It's such a versatile set, so I hope I use it often.  I just love the cool die/frame that becomes the focal point on any card.

I bought a ton of patterned paper from another PTI forum member and I'm just loving all the wonderful colors and options I now have.  For this card I used some Cosmo Cricket (never bought this before) and Basic Grey.  It matched so well that I couldn't help myself.

I loved putting these 2 sentiments from Big Birthday Wishes together.  They are just perfect!

I used the CR84FN28 challenge this week for the colors of red, yellow and a neutral.  In this case, I used PTI's Rustic Ivory and it looked awesome with the patterned paper.  Next, I paired it with Verve's May Week 3 Challenge.  Everything fell together and I just love the result!




Materials used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Ad Sense stamp set and die
Big Birthday Wishes stamp set
Basic Grey patterned paper - Cupcake
Cosmo Cricket patterned paper - Material Girl
VersaFine ink - Onyx Black
VersaMagic ink - Red Brick




Thanks for stopping by!

13 comments:

Kim O'Connell said...

Glad to see you hooked on Viva La Verve Challenges, too! I need to tackle this one this week. Love your take on the sketch! Fun patterned papers!

Chris said...

Wow! That set with those colors really packs a punch! I love it!

Jen Carter said...

Looks great!! I love the twine wrapped around the bottom and your patterned paper choices!

Jessie said...

Cute cute card!! I love this set! I totally love the look! And the pattern paper is great! The colors just pop off the card!

Sue Lelli said...

Stephanie, LOVE the papers and the Ad sentiment frame! FAB inside, too! THX for playing with us at
CR84FN!

Margaret M said...

Stephanie I love the retro look of this card!

Andrea M said...

Lovely card Stephanie!!! Great mix of patterned papers! Thanks for playing along with us at CR84FN! Hope you'll join us again next week!!!

Cathy Weber said...

This is a great sketch and you are right, that patterned paper goes together so perfectly, looks like it was made for each other. The frame in Ad Sense is such a great shape. Perfect for this card.

Cherry's Jubilee said...

sooo pretty..and oh so happy!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

What a fun card Stephanie! Love the fancy frame and the pretty patterned paper! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN :)

Anne B said...

Stunnning card, Stephanie. I just love the bold/mod look of ad sense and the colours you've chosen :)

Debgem said...

Pretty papers and a superb frame. I do like the "limited edition" star! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week!

Linda said...

Great card! I didn't get this stamp set in April, but I think I really "need" it now! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...