Friday, May 20, 2011

Beautiful Sympathy card for Verve and Color Cue challenges

Happy, Happy Friday!!!
You know what that means right???
THE WEEKEND IS HERE!!!
And for me, it's followed by 3 personal days to do some major crafting!

When I ordered my new Impression Obsession Cover-a-Card stamps, I ordered a set of they sympathy stamps because of the sentiment that I used on this card.  I think it is so heartfelt and beautiful that I'll have to keep from putting it on all of my sympathy cards.

You should click to enlarge this so you can see how beautiful the sentiment is.

Simple inside.

I used Verve's May 2011 Week 2 Sketch and wow did it pack a punch.  Have I mentioned how in love I am with Verve's sketches???  They are so awesome and have a way of making every one of my cards that I make using them look like a professional made it.  So impressive EVERY week!

I followed it up with W Plus 9's Color Cue.  This is another color challenge blog that just is top notch!  Again, they push me to use combinations I would never dream of........but, look at the results.  I mean, who would ever think to put yellow with the smokey blue and pink???



Materials Used:
Impression Obsession - Sympathy Sentiments stamp set
PTI - Mat Stack#3 die
We R Memory Keepers patterned paper - Tiffanys
PTI cardstock - Kraft, Raspberry Fizz, Ocean Tides and Stamper's Select White
Recollections - Butterfly embellishment
PTI ink- Ocean Tides
VersaFine ink - Onyx Black
Misc. Jute ribbon
6" paper doily



Thanks so much for stopping by.....
AND
Have a fantastic weekend!!!!


5 comments:

Lorraine said...

What a beautiful card, Stephanie! Love the colors, pp, design and that heartfelt sentiment!

Jessie said...

Love this card! The sentiment is awesome!! I am going to have to have this one. I seem to be making a lot of these recently.

Lea L. said...

What a pretty card and sentiment!! Thanks for creating a card for Color Cue {15}!!

Linda said...

Great card! That sentiment is lovely and it fits so perfectly in the mat stack #3 die. You did a wonderful job!

Jinny Newlin said...

Such a beautiful sentiment and card, Stephanie! Thanks so much for playing along with our Color Cue this month!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...