Saturday, May 14, 2011

4 Birthday Cards for CPS and PDC Challenges!

I told you in my earlier post that I was gettin' crafty today........so, 
be sure to scroll down to see my previous post with 10 Post-It Note pads.

Just trying to crank out more cards for my nephew's Relay for Life fundraiser.
The event isn't until June, so I still have some time.


On 2 of the cards I decided to add some glitter glue.......Too cute!

You can click to enlarge to see the inside sentiment.  I love adding little strips of the background I created on the front to the inside of the card.  It's better than throwing them away!

All four with the varying inks, cardstock and embellishments.


I used a color and sketch challenge in order to make these fantastic cards.  The Play Date Cafe always has awesome color challenges and as soon as I saw these bright and fun colors, I knew I was finally going to get to ink up my PTI Dot Spot stamp set.  I've been wanting to use that set for a long time and for some reason, these colors got me to use them.

I used the Card Positioning Systems Sketch Challenge for the layout of my card.  It was a perfect way to feature the fun Dot Spots without them actually becoming a background.  I think this sketch worked wonderfully with what I was trying to achieve.



Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Dot Spot stamp set
Birthday Bash Sentiments stamp set
Birthday Basics stamp set
Hero Arts - Cling Dots background stamp
Royal Velvet, Plum Pudding, Simply Chartreuse, Soft Stone and Stamper's Select White cardstock
Double Ended Banner die
 Fresh Snow ink
VersaMark ink - Dazzle
Tim Holtz Distressed ink - Dusty Concord, Peeled Paint, Pumice Stone
Studio G. ink - Dark Purple, Lime Green, Grey
Memento ink - Pear Tart
Martha Stewart glitter glue - Sterling, Charoite, and Golden Beryl
Stampendous embossing powder -  Silver Tinsel
Misc. Rhinestones


Thanks for checking out my blog, today!!!



14 comments:

Laurie said...

This color combo is great! Your card is so pretty! I really like seeing them all together in that picture! The different patterns give each card such individual looks! Awesome!

Cathy Weber said...

Cute, cute cards Stephanie. Love the colors you chose and Dot Spot was absolutely the right choice! Got some new IO stamps today. Screen and the lace one. So pretty!

Kim O'Connell said...

VERY pretty! Dontcha just love that double ended banner die?! Nice combo of challenges!

lostinpaper said...

Your stamping is just perfect! Love the colours you chose, great take on the inspiration.

Anne B said...

Love your take on the sketch. Royal velvet and chartreuse go so well together and I think dot spot is the perfect set for those colours too. Thanks for the tiop about using up scraps inside cards. Mine are never so well finished as yours :)

Michele Gross said...

Wonderful collection of cards! Love that each is just a little different but all possess the same fun colors. Great job with our colors this week and Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

Jessie said...

Awesome card Stephanie!! Love the dot spots stamp set and the colors are great together!! Just may have to try those together myself!

Karen C. said...

I really like the way you'e used Dot Spot here and the colour combo is fab!! Lots of impact without a lot of embellishments!!

Fiona said...

Fabby card Stephanie - love the dot spots in colour! Thanks for playing along at the PDCC this week :)

Carla said...

perfect stamping!

Ruby said...

I love all of your spotty fun in this post! Your cards are lovely, really great design. You've reminded me that I really must dig out that stamp set again! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe this week!

Jinny Newlin said...

This is such a great take on both challenges! LOVE that fabby design! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

HOOOOOORAY! I love this set of cards--and I love that you used our colors for them! What a great idea--beautiful and bold:) Thanks so much for playing along and joining in the fun over at the PDCC:}

Libby Hickson said...

Such a wonderful set of cards, and a really great use of the colors! Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe this week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...