Friday, April 15, 2011

Wishing on a Star Birthday cards for TE Sketch challenge

The stars were truly aligned for these birthday cards!

I just love when you get an idea and then start working through it and better ideas form and take over!  It's magic and it makes you feel like everything is working together for a reason.

Wednesday night, I put my thinking cap on to make some birthday cards for the Relay for Life fundraiser.  I'm figuring that birthday cards will be a big draw because everyone needs them.  Again, I went to my DCWV Amber Autumn Box of Cards and pulled out the ones with numbers all over them.

So, I began thinking...........What goes with numbers and birthdays???

STARS.....
And, I just received my new PTI Star Prints stamp set earlier last week and they hadn't seen ink yet.  And even better........There is a star with numbers all over it to match the base card!!!!  I also got to use my new Background Basics: Twinkle stamp set and my new Thing Big Favorites #1 stamp set. 
Seeeeeeeeee????  It was a match made in heaven!

This is what I came up with.

You can click to enlarge all of the pictures, but I'm not sure if you can see that I alternated the mat panels to change it up......They all look so nice sitting here together!

Just a close up of one of them.  The strip under the star is also different colors on all 6.

I had to share all of this glitter goodness!!!

Finally, the finished off inside.  Aren't those stars with the numbers just the perfect way to carry the numbers through to the inside?  Love it!


When I was finished and stood back and looked at them, I thought that these would be perfect for masculine birthdays.  Yee haw!!!  Those are the very toughest birthday cards for me to make.  So, this was another nice surprise.

I mentioned in the title of this post that this was for the Taylored Expressions #136 Sketch Challenge for this week.  It was absolutely perfect for these colors and large sentiment.





Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Think Big Favorites #1 stamp set
Background Basics: Twinkle stamp set
Star Prints stamp set
Make a Wish stamp set (inside sentiment)
Seeing Stars dies
DCWV Amber Autumn Glitter Mat Stack & Box of Cards
Summer Sunrise ink
VersaMagic ink - Spanish Olive


Thanks so much for visiting today!

8 comments:

Holly said...

These are great Stephanie! I love when the idea takes shape and it happens like this.

Karen C. said...

Awesome set of cards, Stephanie. You're right - they certainly would make super cards for the guys in your family. the 'numbers' paper was a great choice as well.

Jill said...

I love it when things come together like this! Now you've got some great cards to add to your fundraiser!

Margaret M said...

Great combinations Stephanie...when you get a great idea run with it! My church sponsors a team each year at our relay for life and we have a sale tent...your card idea has got me thinking!

Linda said...

What a great set of cards! You make so many cards - I see posts almost everyday from you. What do you do with all the cards?

Stephanie said...

Hi, Linda! Right now most of the cards you have been seeing me post since January are being donated to my nephew so he can sell them at his school's fundraiser for "Relay for Life" in May.

Gayatri said...

Gorgeous background and beautiful colors, Stephanie! Love your cards :)

Jessie said...

Love it! The numbers are great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...