Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Thank You card for MIM, C&S and Gina K. Challenges

Happy Wednesday!!!

I have just been rockin' this week with my card making!
So many cards made and I'm just really enjoying the process.  Some of these have taken me in upwards of 2 hours or more and I'm not letting myself get frustrated, I just kept trying something else until things started clicking.  And they did!!!


This card is a prime example!

When you see the sketch below, you'll notice the flowers in it.  I was trying adhesive flowers (too big), stamping flowers wouldn't work because I didn't mask the leaves (ughhhhh), and then finally I remembered all of the little Flower Fusion dies I have been getting from PTI.  I picked my favorite, used the design element of 3's and it really worked!

This card is larger than my normal A2 sized card........but, I totally loved all of the room to make this sketch work.  I have a bunch of assorted envelopes that need used, so this card ended up being 4.5" x 7".  

The framing technique is going to take more time for me to develop, but I did enjoy doing it.  When you enlarge the picture above, you can see that my lines aren't perfect........mostly because I wasn't as smooth and fast as Nichole with my pen.  But, I know I'll get better with practice.  I used a Copic Multiliner 0.5 for my line.

You can click to enlarge this, but I just wanted you to see the awesome shimmer of this gold shimmer cardstock.  I just simply love stamping on it.  It's gorgeous!!!

I really combined quite a few challenges for this card.  First of all, after watching PTI's Make It Monday #12 video, I remembered the C&S #137 sketch and knew I could apply it......so, I was really excited.  Then, I applied Gina K.'s #21 Color Challenge to the whole thing and a beautiful card came out of it.



Here's the PTI Make It Monday video if you want to practice this technique.





Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Beautiful Blooms stamp set (leaves)
Think Big Favorites #2 stamp set
Flower Fusion #3 stamp set & die
Stamper's Select White cardstock
Taylored Expressions - Flamingo & Sunbeam cardstock
Taylored Expressions - button and ribbon
Tim Holtz distress ink - Forest Moss
Studio G. ink - Deep Hot Pink
VersaFine - Onyx Black
Copic Multiliner 0.5
DMC floss - #605



Thanks for visiting today!!!

11 comments:

Kim O'Connell said...

You ARE a card making machine this week! Cranking out one beauty after another! Love the framing technique! Nicely done!

wendy said...

really great card

I'm Renee said...

It's gorgeous Stephanie...
love the colors!
And I have some of the silver cardstock...
I've never stamped on it...
never thought of it...
so now I may have to give it a try! :)

Baseret said...

I love how it turned out too!That shimmer cardstock is beautiful.

Itsy Bitsy Snippets said...

Love the frame on the card, beautiful job.

Ingrid Danvers said...

Gorgeous card, Stephanie. Great take on the challenge.

Tracey McNeely said...

Your card is gorgeous! I absolutely love Flower Fusion #3. The die and the stamp are awesome together. I also love the idea of stamping on the shimmer cardstock.

Rachel B said...

Your flowers are amazing! Great job with the frame! Beautiful.

Marybeth said...

Beautiful card ,flowers are georgious .

steph said...

LOVE IT! The flower detail is beautiful and perfectly placed! I love that gold shimmer paper, too! I hoard it so bad......

Jessie said...

Wow! Loving your color combo and the flowers are so cute! I love how they make your card pop!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...