Saturday, April 2, 2011

Sympathy card for MIM, Totally Hues and C&S Sunday Challenges

Rather late post for me tonight, but I have been crafty all day!

I really wanted to try the Make It Monday Challenge for this week, so I'm very happy that I got to play with blending inks.  It was so fun and I hope I use it more often.

I couldn't believe that I had 3 pearls to match the colors.  And......doesn't the PTI Vineyard Impression Plate look awesome with that image?  I was so tickled when I discovered that!

This inside sentiment is one of my very favorites.


This will be used for THREE different challenges this week!

Obviously the first inspiration was the Make It Monday challenge.  I then went searching for just the right colors to use with the PTI Life stamp set and when I saw the Totally Hues #5 Color Challenge, I knew it would work perfectly.  Finally I paired it with the Clean & Simple Sunday Sketch Challenge because the stamp worked perfectly in that panel.




Here's the MIM tutorial to go with this week's challenge:



Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Life stamp set
Round & Round stamp set
Cloud 9 - Simple Thoughts: Memories stamp set (inside)
Scarlet Jewel ink
Sweet Blush, Scarlet Jewel & Stamper's Select White cardstock
Vineyard impression plate
Double Ended Banner die
Banner Border die
Memento ink - Cottage Ivy
VersaMagic ink - Pixie Dust
VersaFine ink - Onyx Black
Oriental Trading - Pearl Jewels



Thanks so much for reading my post today!


14 comments:

Amy said...

Love that gradient shading you did! Beautiful image!

Linda said...

Beautiful card! I love how you blended the ink and the colors you used. I don't have that impression plate, it looks great!

Patricia St Martin said...

You did a really nice job on your card. Your blending turned out very nice. Your images is perfect for that also. Stunning card.

Brenda Dean said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for playing the Clean & Simple Sunday Challenge!

carolj said...

Beautiful card. I love the colors you used to create the stunning background.

Lauren said...

Your color are gorgeous!!!! You did a great job with the shading!

Emily said...

I love how you finish your cards on the inside. That is a beautiful stamp.

Jessie said...

Beautiful card Stephanie!! I love the colors! Very elegant!!

Itsy Bitsy Snippets said...

Your blending looks great.

kacee said...

Beautiful job on the blending, lovely card.

Kim O'Connell said...

Perfect sympathy card! Very soft and soothing!

Lorraine said...

Beautiful blended background you created for your card! Perfect sympathy card.

Heather P. said...

This is SO pretty!

Lisa V. said...

This is really pretty. I love the IP and the ink blending adds so much to the stamped image.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...