Monday, April 18, 2011

Squigglefly Challenge Monday!!!

Happy, Hoppy Monday!!!
Yep, Easter has me thinking of "hopping"..........which is what I will be doing this week in order to get ready for out-of-town company and Easter dinner.

Today is Challenge Day Monday and I'm thinking this one will really make you put your thinking caps on.....and it will give you some awesome ideas on how to use your digital images.

The theme????
The Squigglefly Workout!!!

Basically, we want you to show everyone how much you love your Squigglefly digital stamps by picking out YOUR favorite way to use them......whether you print them out and color them with Copics, combine images, make your own patterned paper, paper piecing or some other creative way that you know how to use digital stamps.  CLICK HERE to see the wonderful ways the DT uses their images and enter the challenge.

I have to say that, at first, I thought.......I usually just color them with Copics, but then I went back and looked at all of my Squigglefly cards (you can see all of them by using the index on the left.....I have a category called "Squigglefly") and I realized that I really like to "add" things to my images besides just coloring.  Now, I'm not talking embellishments on my card, I'm talking about adding things TO the image itself.


The image I used today is from the Baby Items collection drawn by Paulette Long.  If you love making baby cards, this set is for you.  You get 11 images for just $3.00!  That's a super price to make something this cute!  ;-)


Here's my card for this challenge to show you what I mean:
No coloring what-so-ever..........just Martha Stewart glitter!!!  You just have to click this image to see it full size!
 When I saw this image, I knew I could finally use my tinsel glitter that I had gotten at Christmas time.  It was perfect for making the ducky's feathers.  

I used a Q-Tip to spread the glue and started with the small areas first (the bow and beak).  After that glitter dried, I spread the glue over the large portions and then using the other side of the Q-Tip with the cotton removed, I pushed the glitter off of the lines that needed to show through (the wing, for example).  Just a tip.......after the glitter dries to the glue, spray the whole image with hairspray so that the glitter stays put.  Works like magic!

Isn't this the most perfect inside sentiment?

My ideas started flowin' when I saw the Clean and Simple #136 Sketch Challenge and thought that the little ducky would look perfect where the sentiment mat stack was.  Then because I was thinking "baby", I just had to use the Color Throwdown #137 Color Challenge.  The colors were just perfect for a little boy card.



Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Squigglefly Digital Images - Baby Items
Martha Stewart glitter - Fire Opal & Tourmaline
Martha Stewart iridescent tinsel glitter - Lemon Drop
DCWV patterned paper - Summer Dream & Safari Kids
Taylored Expressions cardstock - Sunbeam (card base)
Lemon Tart cardstock (die cut sentiment frame)
Fillable Frames #11 stamp set and die
Round and Round stamp set (outside sentiment)
Inside & Out: Baby stamp set (inside sentiment)
Holiday Mix Vintage button
Studio G. ink - Teal
The Twinery bakers twine - Caribbean
Prima e. - black pearls (eyes)


So, remember that I said I like adding things to the images themselves???
I wasn't lying......lol  Take a look at some past cards!



Ummmmm........I've already admitted that I have a thing for buttons.  
This sort of proves it!





I hope you enjoyed reading my post today.  Sorry for being so long winded.
Let's see how you do with this week's challenge!


7 comments:

JanR said...

Great card for this week, thanks for the hairspray tip! I love the other cards too....the one with the bear and the lambs is just too cute!

*Vicki* said...

Oh girl, you knocked the socks off of the challenge this week!! What a really informational post about digis and all of your creations are just DARLING!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE what you add to your images and thinking outside the box like you've shown here! Gorgeous job with the glitter ducky...LOVE IT GF!!! :)

Dani said...

You have such lovely cards! Today's card is so sweet!!

Holly said...

Stephanie it was fun to see your other cards too. I love the glittery duck! You really have control with a Q tip girl! Super sweet baby card.

Marlene said...

Very creative! Love it!

Marybeth said...

All your cards are beautiful, the duck one is adorable and I love the button hearts.

Jessie said...

The duck is great! Then I scroll down and you have all these other wonderful cards posted! Wow! Loving how you used all the buttons!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...