Sunday, April 10, 2011

Relay for Life Cards for Skipping Stones Designs Sketch Challenge

Happy Sunday to you!
It's supposed to get in the 70's here today and that's enough to really make me happy!

I've mentioned a few days ago that I am making many cards for my nephew's Relay for Life school fundraiser and I was so happy that my 3 sets of Skipping Stones Designs stamp sets arrived yesterday.  These stamp sets will bring hope, support and lots of love to those who need it most.


This card actually will fit the Skipping Stones #71 Sketch Challenge for this week, but it turned out so beautiful that I'm making several of this exact card for the fundraiser.  I just love the sentiments in SSD's Cancer Shmancer set......They can be serious, or bring a lighter side to this horrible disease.

Here's the first of many that you'll see over the next month and a half.
 
The shiny vellum was just beautiful for this card.  I wish my camera would have captured that a little better.

This sentiment really touches my heart........if the print is too small, please click to enlarge it.

Here's the sketch from SSD this week:





Materials Used:
Skipping Stones Designs - Cancer Shmancer stamp set
Creative Memories patterned paper - Blooms
PTI - Stone and Raspberry Fizz cardstock
Studio G. ink - Hot Pink
VersaFine ink - Onyx Black
JoAnn's - Shimmer vellum
Oriental Trading - Adhesive Crystals


Thanks for stopping by today!

7 comments:

Kim O'Connell said...

Oh, Stephanie! This is so beautiful! I got choked up reading the inside sentiment. Love what you did with the sketch!

Jessie said...

Wonderful cards and the sentiment is perfect for so many things in life.

Barb's Boys said...

What a great card for a great fundraiser......thanks for playing along at Skipping Stones Design!

~amy~ said...

absolutely perfect! Thanks for playing with us at Skipping Stones!

Jingle said...

Wonderful card! Thanks so much for joining us over at SSD!

Linda said...

Pretty pink card!! I love, love pink!

Jill said...

What a great thing you're doing, Stephanie, making these Relay for Life cards! This is the first year in 3 that I'm not on a fundraising team for our local Breast Cancer 3Day, or else I'd click right over to SSD and get this *perfect* stamp set!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...