Monday, April 25, 2011

Papertrey April Blog Hop!





I have the day off, so I get to play along!!!
  
For April's Blog Hop, this is the challenge......

Let's Hear it for the boys!
This month's blog hop is dedicated to all the boys and men in our lives!  Now's your chance to create Father's Day projects, boy birthday cards and more to build up your stash!  Focus on masculine color schemes, fresh pattern combinations, understated embellishments and unique uses of images you may already have in your stash!


 I already have my 2 Father's day cards made and believe it or not, I have no male birthdays coming up.........But........I do have a friend that just got promoted to "Dean of Students" in his school district.  He works with me on a mentoring committee and I've gotten to know him pretty well over the last couple of years.  He was really excited about this position, so I think this card will work just perfectly for him!


You decide!!!



What's funny is that we just had a conversation about him having to learn how to text because his teenage daughters would rather him do that than call their cell phones.......so the Alpha Blocks came to the rescue with the "wtg!"  I'm just hoping they taught him what that stands for!  ;-)


I am really double tasking with this card.  Not only am I entering it into the PTI April Blog Hop, but I'm also using it for the April i{heart}2stamp Sketch Challenge to bring it all together.  I just love these sketches!  There is plenty of time if you want to enter into this one!





Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Alpha Blocks stamp set
Fillable Frames #3 stamp set 
Background Basics: Twinkle stamp set
Star Prints stamp set
Communique Curves Sentiments stamp set (inside sentiment)
Around & About stamp set (star border on inside)
Argyle Socks patterned paper
Seeing Stars dies
Enchanted Evening cardstock & ink
Stamper's Select White cardstock
Brilliance ink - Starlite Silver
Gelly Roll pen - Silver Star



Click here to see all of the wonderful entries this month!!! 

Off to your next one!!!
 Happy Stamping!!!




39 comments:

Laurie said...

Hey girl! I love your card! Those alpha blocks are perfect for this! Great job!

Crafty Math Chick said...

Very cool Stephanie, I like that layout a lot!

Kara said...

cool....love the new alpha stamps on this!

Kristii said...

What an awesome card!!! Love the alpha blocks and the inside is fabulous too!!!

Audrey said...

Wow, I LOVE the way you used the Alphablocks here! Awesome idea :)

Inkyfingers said...

I just love this stylish card it is fun yet sophisticated somehow!

Karin (Peppermintpatty) said...

What a great masculine card! Love your design with those great alpha blocks + perfect colors!!!

Kelly said...

Great card! I really want those alpha blocks!

I'm Renee said...

Love the card!
The colors are perfect...
and love the "wtg"!
Love the story with it even more...
brought a smile:)

Vannessa said...

What a fab funky card - straight into my faves! I so need that Alpha-blocks set now!

Keva said...

This is SO cute! Love the blue and the stars. I love the idea behind the card. I'm sure your friend will "get" the WTG..at least, I hope so. :)

Kim O'Connell said...

Great card, Stephanie! Cool use of the alpha blocks I do love that twinkle background stamp!

Suzanne said...

Perfect for the Dean! How exciting for him, Stephanie! This is so beautiful! He will love it.

Sue Lelli said...

He is going to be so touched by your card that you made for him! Love the stars! Love the colors! Fab card!

leish said...

wonderful card! The colors are perfect!

lynn said...

what a fav card! love your colors, esp! also, your frog tag below is adorable!

Chris said...

Just perfect! Great use of the blocks and fantastic sketch!

Lisa said...

love the WTG sentiment you created!

June K. said...

Love how you used these colors. Great card.

Karen C. said...

Great card Stephanie - love all the patterned papers and the monochromatic colour scheme. I'm loving everything I've seen with the Alpha Blocks - they're going on my Long Wish List!!

Jen Carter said...

This is so cute and creative!! Great colors and design!

Kathy's Cozies said...

Christian will love it :) Great card for a great guy!

Kathy's Cozies said...

Christian will love this! Great card for a great guy!

Linda said...

Great card Stephanie! I love the texting theme of your card. Great job!

Karen said...

I'm in love with those alpha blocks (which did not get into my cart), and your card as well!

Diane said...

What a neat card...I am sure he will appreciate it..a wonderful idea!!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Perfect masculine card Stephanie! Love all the stars! Thanks for sharing both inside and out!

Terri said...

Very cool. Love your use of the Alpha Blocks and your take on the sketch too.

Tracey McNeely said...

Really like your card, great monochromatic colour scheme.

Rosanne said...

Gorgeous card, love the colour combo!

Amy said...

This card TOTALLY caught my eye. I love the WTG part with those block stamps (I really don't want to like this set...hehe) Thanks for using the sentiment from FF #3 as I had "forgotten" about it! It is perfect for this card!!

Monica said...

Let me add to the accolades. This is great!! I DEFINITELY want the alpha block stamps now...

And, I'm not the most text savvy person and I got your WTG--I'm sure your friend will too. And, I'm sure he'll love the card!!

Way to rock the challenge!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a perfect masuline card. Great images and colors. :o)

Chris Simon said...

Great card! I'm smacking my head now, because using text abbreviations is a fantastic idea. Nearly everyone understands them, and you can convey a lot in few letters. Lots of patterns here, too, and you've combined them so well!

jen said...

that is AWESOME! I'm sure he'll love it (after he asks his girls what it means! ha!) :)

Anna (doctorfoodie) said...

Love the combination of stamps and patterns on this one!! The "WTG" is a great idea too!

Barbara said...

Stephanie!!! OMGosh! I love how you used the Alpha Blocks! How stinkin' creative!!! Fabulous design!

Amy Sheffer said...

What an awesome card, Stephanie! Love the WTG - so creative! Great take on the April SFYTT, too!

Jessie said...

Love it! Love the idea of using the texting stuff! Hope he was able to figure out the WTG!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...