Thursday, April 28, 2011

Girly, You Rock for 4th April Verve Challenge & CR84FN Challenge

It's going to be a wonderful Wednesday!!!
Why???  Because I got the 4th Verve sketch done for April!

This card was by far the toughest of all the sketches for me......I'm not really quite sure why, but this card took me nearly 2.5 hours to finish........But, I have to say that I'm totally in love with it!

This is really, really out of my comfort zone........the colors, the wild shapes, the border......But, I totally love it.  In fact, I don't think I want to give it away after all that time it took to make it......lol

Click to enlarge!

As I mentioned, this is the last Verve Sketch for this month that I had to complete.  This is the April - Week 3 Verve Sketch and like I said early.......this sketch kicked my booty!  I think part of the difficulty I was having was due to the fact that I wanted to pair it with a color challenge.......I was putting out all kinds of patterned paper and came across the teal/red/white paper and remembered seeing the CR84FN 25 Color Challenge.......I'm so glad it took me some time to figure it out because I'm totally in love with this card.

Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Signature Greetings stamp set
Boy Basics: Simple Circles stamp set
DCWV patterned paper - The Stack #6
Victorian Lace border die
Pure Poppy & Stamper's Select White cardstock
Taylored Expressions cardstock - Lakeshore
Nestabilities - Standard Circles: Large & Small
Nestabilities - Classic Ovals: Large & Small
VersaMagic ink - Aegean Blue and Red Magic
Vintage Holiday Button Mix
Janome sewing machine - Stitch G and Tension 4


Thanks so much for visiting me today!

7 comments:

Debgem said...

Love your card - love the papers and stamps - and the sentiment rocks!! Thank for playing along with CR84FN this week!

Kim O'Connell said...

Rockin' and rollin! How flippin' fun is that card?!?!?

Cathy Weber said...

This card is so full of interest, I had to really zoom in to get all the details. I can see why it took so long to make, so many details that all go so well together. Those circles are just so good. I could never have come up with such a great take on this sketch. Great job Stephanie.

Wendy said...

Hey Stephanie...I played along in both of these challenges!!! hehe

It's Wendy from Skipping Stones Design. I want to extend an invitation to you, but an having a struggle finding your email address. Would you please email me? wendyjo72@gmail.com

Thanks!!!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Such a fun card Stephanie! Love all the circles and decorative border! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN :)

Jessie said...

Love love it Stephanie! The circles are fab! I love the blue and red together!

Emily said...

Totally awesome, Stephanie-- love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...