Sunday, April 24, 2011

Frog Hop for my very first Verve Sketch Challenge!

HAPPY EASTER!!!!


My very first Verve Sketch Challenge!!!
I don't have a single Verve stamp, although I really love many of their stamps.
I'm hoping that after the Easter break, I'll get a chance to put in an order.

So, their sketches are pretty detailed and I almost gave up when I saw the one for this week.  
Honestly, I thought, how can I do this.  But then, I was reading Kim O'Connell's blog (love her blog!!!) and she had the tutorial for creating the starburst in the background.  And you know what?  It wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be........In fact, I'd love to use it more often!

I remember seeing Nichole Heady's post withe the April reveal using the froggie stamp on felt......He came out just adorable doing this.  My Basic Grey paper was just made for this little dude!

This Verve sketch was such a fun, fun sketch to do!  I just had so much fun picking out the patterned paper that would work together.  This was the Verve's April - Week 4 Sketch.
I'll be back with the other 3 sketches (hopefully all by the 28th)!
Here is the one I used for this card:



Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Boy Basics: Frog Hop stamp set
Basic Grey patterned paper - Hello Luscious
Kraft & Dark Chocolate cardstock
Tag Sale #3 die
Medium Scallop Border die
Wrinkled Ribbon (made by me using Tim Holtz Lettuce reinker)
VersaFine - Onyx Black


Thanks so much for visiting today!!!

9 comments:

teegee7617 said...

I love the froggie in felt! I really like the way you used the tag. I need to try that sometime instead of boring circle/oval/rectangle panels!

Karen C. said...

Aww.. Stephanie. That froggie and lily pad are just sdorable in felt. The crinkle ribbon and all of those green printed papers are perfect for the 'green theme'!! Have a great day.

Joyce said...

I LOVE this card. I really like how you used that tag and distressed the edges--on my computer, it looks like the tag is in distressed leather! And the frog in felt--just adorable. I'm going to need to try this one. It's been a while since I participated in a Verve challenge, but if I were the judge, you'd be the winner. Have a happy Easter.
Joyce

Kim O'Connell said...

Heym girlfriend! Thanks for the shout out! You rocked this sketch! Love your choice of patterned papers and that froggy is oh so cute!

BethieJ said...

Stephanie this is so CUTE! I LOVE that froggie.. he is in my cart.. I TRIED to pass him up.. but I cant! LOL!! :)
Have a GREAT day! Happy Easter!

I'm Renee said...

Beautiful.
I would honestly be intimidated by that sunburst as well...
ok...
I still am...
but you did an awesome amazing job!

Charli said...

Love this card! That starburst looks difficult to do but you pulled it off brilliantly :)
By the way I have a blog candy on offer if you would like to join in...
http://designsbycharli.blogspot.com/

Linda said...

This is so cute! I love the starburst; I'm going to have to give that a try! TFS!

Jessie said...

Another wonderful card Stephanie! I love the frog! But your pattern paper piecing is great! What a cool look it gives the card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...