Sunday, April 17, 2011

Father's Day cards early!

Yeah, I know.........Father's Day????
I couldn't help myself after getting my Paper Crafts Magazine this past month and reading it on Friday.  

I found the most perfect patterned paper in my stash that would work for both dads and when I saw a card in the magazine, I knew I had to CASE it.


You can find the original card HERE!


And this is what I made!


Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Star Prints stamp set and die
Framed stamp set (Dad sentiment)
DCWV patterned paper - The Stack #6 and Summer Dream Glitter Mat Stack
Enchanted Evening, Blueberry Sky and Kraft cardstock
Dark Chocolate ink
Janome Sew Mini - Tension #4; Stitch D
Blueberry Sky & Pinefeather buttons
The Twinery bakers twine - Cappuccino

8 comments:

Cathy Weber said...

This is a great take on the original card Stephanie. I love the patterned paper you chose for the background. I always thought of that sentiment as for birthdays, but it works for Father's Day so well! I honestly think I will have to use that one too. It adds such a nice touch, especially in the larger size. Thanks for the idea!

Joyce said...

Great cards. I really like your color and paper choices.
Joyce

BethieJ said...

I LOVE your take on the card Stephanie.. and the sentiment is PERFECT!!
Have a GREAT day!

christy compton hall said...

Jeez Louise - you are always all ahead of the game, girl! Good job getting an amazing card done early. I love the stars coordinating with the cars - fun!

Itsy Bitsy Snippets said...

These are great cards for dads. I like the sewing on the cards and the way you used the twine.

Linda said...

You are on fire! Great job with the cards!

Michelle said...

Great card love the pattern paper that for sharing !

Jessie said...

Great card! I love the colors and once again how you used buttons!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...