Friday, April 22, 2011

Easter card for My Mikes!

Happy Friday!
Let the Easter festivities begin!
Just a quick post because of a ton of things to get done for the holiday.

I made this card over the weekend for Easter, but scheduled it for today on my blog.  I didn't want to take the chance that Mike would see it too early.

Mike just loves these Ghirardelli chocolates.  In fact, his Easter basket was filled with several bags of them in all kinds of flavors.......along with some other goodies, of course.

The Copics used on the basket letters.

I don't have any Easter stamps besides this Bunny4Easter set from the {stamps} of life, so this was what I came up with using what I had.  It's difficult to make a nice, masculine Easter card......and I'm not quite sure that I even accomplished it.....lol


I combined challenges from The Sweet Sunday Sketch #113 Sketch Challenge and Off the Wall Craftiness #51 Color Challenge which was to use Easter colors.  Just perfect!




Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
the {stamps} of life - Bunny4Easter stamp set
Favor It Box 2 die
Lemon Tart and Kraft card stock
DCWV patterned paper - Citrus Stack
Tiny Tags die
Rustic Button Twine
Memento ink - London Fog
Stampin' Up texture folder - Lattice
Tim Holtz Distress ink - Dusty Concord, Crushed Olive, Worn Lipstick, Wild Honey & Chipped Sapphire
Copic markers
Various colored eyelets
Unknown sheer lilac ribbon

8 comments:

Kim O'Connell said...

Hee hee hee! That is so cute!

Kristin said...

I absolutely love this!! (sorry I haven't been by in awhile!)... I love the color inspiration you got and you used the sketch perfectly!!

Kristii said...

So very fun!!! I love how you interpreted the sketch!!! Happy Easter!

Jessie said...

Ok this is the coolest card! I love the basket on the front how neat! Have a great weekend and Happy Easter!

Karen C. said...

The colour and texture on the Easter basket make it look so much like a wicker basket!! What a great idea. Have a wonderful Easter week-end. Enjoy.

BethieJ said...

Stephanie this is DARLING! It turned out really CUTE!!
Have a WONDERFUL weekend!

~Tammy~ said...

Your card is fabulous! Thanks for joining us at OTWC! Happy Easter! :-)

Jaclyn Miller said...

What an adorable idea to tuck candy into a paper basket. So clever and even with grass! Thanks for sharing this with OTWC.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...