Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Butterfly Miracles!

Terrific Tuesday is in the house!!!
At least I hope it's terrific!!!

I have fallen in love with butterflies!!!  Not just any butterflies......
They are the butterflies in the Skipping Stones Always Here set.  
 They are just so beautiful and this card will prove it!

If you click to enlarge this picture, you will see all of the light blue tiny twinkles that I added to the wings.  They were the perfect size to add a little bling.

Inside sentiment that I'm totally loving for these Relay for Life cards.

Lots and lots of layers in this card which was inspired by my first sketch from The Sweet Shop!  I've been watching their blog because a fellow blogger uses their sketches quite frequently and I just had to get the right sketch from them to give it a try. 

Honestly, I need lots of practice with these kinds of cards.  I'm a very C&S type stamper, and these type sketches make me really put my thinking cap on to make sure everything coordinates.

I paired it up with CR84FN's #24 Color Challenge.  These yummy colors were absolutely PERFECT for this card.  The teal and light blue just look awesome together.  The PTI colors of Spring Rain and Ocean Tides really pulled it together with DCWV's Cafe Mediterranean Mat Stack.  I think it's a match made in heaven.



Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Skipping Stones Design stamp sets - Always Here & Cancer Schmancer
DCWV patterned paper - Cafe Mediterranean mat stack
Ocean Tides, Spring Rain and Vintage Cream cardstock
Nestabilities - Classic Ovals Small & Classic Scalloped Ovals Small
Taylored Expressions - Tiny Twinkles in light blue and black
Beautiful Blooms II #3 dies
Small Scallop border die
Prima e. - Cream Pearls
VersaFine ink - Onyx Black
Studio G. ink - Light Teal (butterfly on inside top corner)


Thanks so much for visiting my blog today!!!

12 comments:

Kim O'Connell said...

Alright! Alright! You are right! That butterfuly IS beautiful! ;)

Kara said...

love these colors!

Karen C. said...

Beautiful card and that butterfly is stunning!! The sentiment is so thoughtful too.

Diane Jaquay said...

This is STUNNING!!!

Marybeth said...

Wow you outdid yourself with this beautiful card,and amazing detail.

Lorraine said...

This is beautiful, Stephanie! Love the sparkly butterfly and your card design.

Andrea M said...

Such a beautiful card! That butterfly is just AMAZING!! WOW! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!

Jessie said...

Stunning! I love the butterfly!

Linda said...

Gorgeous card Stephanie! That butterfly is so beautiful!

Debgem said...

It's a beautiful card, and the butterfly is fabulous! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week!

BethieJ said...

Stephanie your card is STUNNING! I LOVE the colors and that butterfly is BEAUTIFUL!!
Hope your day is GREAT!

Jen said...

Good Lord this is breathtakingly beautiful. I am totally impressed with this card in all its deconstructed glory. Every detail is so well attended to...even down to the tastefully blinged out flutterby wings! Awesome and totally inspiring! Scrumptious!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...