Sunday, April 3, 2011

Birthday Purse card for Skipping Stones & Off the Wall Craftiness Challenges

Happy Sunday to you!!!

I was really productive yesterday!!!  
I did some organizing, some cataloging of new stamps, made 4 cards, and got all the blog posts written and scheduled for this week!

Here's one of the cards that I made yesterday using Skipping Stones Designs Birthday Purses stamp set.  I really love this set.  The sentiments are just perfect and the 3 purses that come with the set are all just adorable.

I stamped the purse on patterned paper and then cut them out before adhering them to the white panels.  If you click to enlarge the photo, you can see the pattern in the paper come through.  The photo really doesn't do it justice.

Love this sentiment!

I used Skipping Stones #70 Sketch Challenge for this one and I paired it with the Off the Wall Craftiness #50 Color Challenge.  I love the spring colors in this challenge and it really looked nice with this layout!





Materials Used:
Skipping Stones Designs - Birthday Purses stamp set
My Mind's Eye patterned paper - Summer Papers
Stampin' Up patterned paper - Petals & Paisleys (retired)
PTI - Spring Moss & Hibiscus Burst cardstock
Studio G. ink - Hot Pink
Wrights - Flower ribbon
Prima flowers
Misc. buttons


Thanks so much for reading my post!
I hope you have a great Sunday!


18 comments:

Tammy said...

Love it! Great color choices.

~amy~ said...

soooo CUTE...love the fresh colors! Thanks for playing with us at Skipping Stones Design!

Chris said...

Oh how adorable! I love that purse set and sentiment! I can relate! I actually did some spring cleaning yesterday and did some closet purging. I tossed five handbags that hadn't been used in ages.... And found my favorite lipstick, $18, my house keys, my spare battery for my camera, a SD card with photos never uploaded, and two of Jayce's DSi games.... Ahem.

Kim O'Connell said...

I love your embellishements on this card!

Karen C. said...

I love that sentiment - so funny!! Your paper piecing is great and the purses really pop on the white background.

Kristin said...

so pretty and love the embellies :-)

Brenda Weaver said...

s cute! Great job! Thanks for playing along at SSD!

Emily said...

Fun! I love that you used buttons on your flowers. I gravitate to gems and pearls, but the buttons look neat. I will have to remember that!

Jessie said...

Love love it!! The purses are soo cute!!! Great card! Have a great rest of the weekend!

Jen said...

Okay. I just have to say that I LOVE the birthday purse! Such fun. I'd never heard of that before, but I am graced with three. What a novel and totally fantastic card. Stamped and finished off to perfection. I love how well put together your creations are. You never disappoint! Good kluck with the challenges.

Margaret M said...

This card put a smile on my face! I like the purses and the flowers are a nice touch! Great sentiment too! TFS

I'm Renee said...

Had to smile at this one...
love the sentiment!:)
The card is adorable...
love the colors and the flower edging with the paper/button flowers!
A super cute card that will bring a smile to a friends face when receiving!
And how can you have a whole week of cards and posts done already?!
Amazing!

Jingle said...

Very cute card! Thanks for playing along with us over at SSD!

Wendy said...

This is SOOOOO cute Stephanie!!! Thanks for playing along with us again!! Wait until you see next week's sketch!!! Have a great night!

Kandi Phillips said...

Too cute I love the colors and how you stamped on patterned paper first! Love seeing you play along with us each week! :)

Barb's Boys said...

Sooo cute! Love what you did with the sketch...thanks for playing along at Skipping Stones Design Sketch Tuesday!

Tenia Nelson said...

Super cuteness!!! Thanks for playing at OTWC this week!!!

~Tammy~ said...

This is super fun and great use of the colors at OTWC! Thanks for playing along with us! Good Luck!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...