Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Thankful Flower card!

Recently, I got up the courage to submit 2 cards to the Paper Crafts magazine for their Go To Sketches submissions for the magazine.
I knew it would be a slim to none chance that I would get picked, and well, I was right.....lol  Yep........My cards were rejected by Paper Crafts magazine!  But, that's okay because I am totally in love with both of them (the second one will be a blog post, soon).

This is one card that featured the use of the Bloom Builder dies to make a gorgeous felt flower.



I found it quite difficult to make the scallops on a slant, but it turned out pretty good.



Here's the Go To Sketch that I was using for inspiration:

Materials Used: (all PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Signature Greetings stamp set
Bloom Builders dies
Polka Dot Parade patterened paper
Terracotta Tile & Melon Berry cardstock & felt
Dark Chocolate button & ink



I guess I'll just have to keep on trying!!!



11 comments:

June K. said...

Wow, beautiful! Love your colors and lovely flowers.

Kim O'Connell said...

Magazine shmagazine! This is so beautiful! I love your take on the sketch! I have yet to submit anything to a magazine. Oh the fear of rejection!

Ted said...

It's okay, Stephanie... I'm losing interest in submitting my items. If it's not good enough for them, ptooey to them. :) This card is beautiful... I love the slanted scallops!

Sara Mac said...

Great card Stephanie! Those felt flowers are beautiful. This is certainly no reject!

Danielle Therese Greenwood said...

This card is so pretty! I too have been rejected my PC several times...we just gotta keep trying!

Jen said...

Slanted scallops does sound tricky, I've got to agree there. You certainly managed to nail them though (in a very lady-like way of course). I think they look so effective and elegant. The double layed felt bloom is so pretty. Gorgeous card all round. Brava Stephanie!

Itsy Bitsy Snippets said...

Love the color combination and the flower is gorgeous.

Anne B said...

Well I think it's great! Love the slanted scallops and thosee gorgeous big blooms. Keep those creations coming!

Lorraine said...

Beautiful! Love your felt flower, colors and design.

Anna (doctorfoodie) said...

Pff! Whatever silly magazines. This is gorgeous - I love the flower, the patterned paper, the colour scheme. If I had a magazine I'd pick it up in an instant. :)

Jill said...

Perfect take on the Go To Sketch, Stephanie! Love your colors & felt flowers & everything. I am confident that you will chosen to be published in Paper Crafts in no time, girl!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...