Monday, March 28, 2011

Squigglefly Monday: Handmade Patterned Paper Challenge!

It's a Squigglefly Monday!!!
That means there is another new challenge for you this week!

This week's challenge is one of my favorites.......
making handmade patterned paper!

If you read my blog regularly, you know I just got a bunch of stamps from PTI's March release.  In that order, I had 2 sets of Basic Backgrounds......Gingham and Twinkle.  I am featuring/using the BB: Twinkle stamps for my card today.

I am so excited about the 3 new artists joining Squigglefly.  All of their first images are on the home page of Squigglefly.com ......... Did you know that new images are released EVERY Saturday???  That's what I get up early for on Saturdays.....lol.....to go look at the new digis!
Anyway, today's card is using new artist, Diane Knott's Baby Rocking Horse.  It is such a cute image and perfect for either baby boys or baby girls!

Here it is!

Isn't this rocking horse just adorable??

Just a close up of the bling and the patterned paper.




Since I wasn't sure when I'd be using this card, I didn't want to make just a pink or just a blue card........so, I used both of those colors along with light green, yellow and purple.  I think this will allow the card to be used for either.......when the time arises.

I did alter the horsey a little bit.  Up by that light green polka dot near the head, I added a line with my .3 Copic Multiliner so that I could have an end to the blanket.  I couldn't figure out how to blend the horses head in brown to the blanket, so I just drew it in......lol  I'm no artist, but it was very easy to add that line.

For my background, I simply used the PTI BB: Twinkle to create 3 panels in the baby colors.  I was sure to put the green on top because that is a "neutral" baby color......then with the blue and pink side by side, I can give it to any mommy!  Of course, I was inspired by this sketch over at Inkspirations:  Click Here!



So, there you have it!
What are you going to create for the challenge over at the Squigglefly blog?
Will you be using one of the new releases???

I can't wait to see what you create this week!
Remember, you don't have to use a Squigglefly image on your card; but, if you do, you'll be eligible for a prize from Squigglefly.  Wouldn't you like a chance to win free images?



Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Squigglefly Digital Images: Baby Rocking Horse
Background Basics: Twinkle stamp set
Simple Sentiments stamp set
Lemon Tart and Spring Moss cardstock
Tim Holtz Distress inks: Peeled Paint, Spun Sugar, and Tumbled Glass
Double Ended Banner die
Oriental Trading - Rhinestone Jewels



Thanks so much for stopping by, today!!!!

7 comments:

Jessie said...

Cute card! Love that you could use it for either a boy or girl! Have a great day!

Mariana said...

So cute! I did not get this background and now you are making me think I really, really need it!!!

Holly said...

It's just adorable Stephanie! I love your layout and your coloring on the horse is wonderful!

Cathy Weber said...

The rockinghorse image is so great for a baby card and I love how you made it so it could go for either a boy or a girl. Twinkle is such a great background stamp set. I love how you did it in the three colors on three different panels on this card.

*Vicki* said...

AWW!! This is so sweet Steph!! LOVE your colors and how you've laid out this card!! So sweet!! HUGS

Kara said...

so sweet!

H2 :) said...

Perfect for a baby boy or girl! The different coloured background panels look great. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...