Monday, March 21, 2011

Squigglefly Monday Challenge!!!

Good Morning, everyone!
Happy Monday to ya!

Well, I did manage to get crafty this weekend........but, this cold really has put a damper on my creativity.
I hope you find some inspiration in this card for the challenge today.

So, what's the challenge this week? 

Pushing Your Buttons!!!

We are challenging you to get into your button stash to create a project.  Or, make some buttons like I did!  You all know how much I love my buttons (if not, just check out my Squigglefly cards of past.....lol), but since I just received some button dies from PaperTrey Ink, I had to give "making some buttons" a go.

Love my new Basic Grey patterned paper, so I had to use it on a card right away!
 When I saw this image: Button Flower Pot by Cheryl Alger, I knew it would be perfect for this challenge!  Next, I picked the patterned paper I wanted for this card and started matching it to the Copic markers that I had on hand.  Once I chose the colors that matched, then I began coloring.  When I was done coloring, I realized that the background was too white for this card base and patterned paper, so I used PTI's Chamomile around the edges and then colored in the white with my new Ivory Copic marker (one of the new colors).  It worked perfectly!


You can click on the images above to enlarge them to see the Copics that I used.


I did use a sketch from  i(heart)2stamp for this project and it worked perfectly to incorporate that new patterned paper.  Lovely also for an image as the main focal point.


Now it's your turn to show us your buttons!!!  I can't wait to see what you create!  Just go to the Squigglefly Blog to get all of the details.  You can use any image you would like for the challenge, but if you use a Squigglefly image you are eligible for a prize!!! 



Materials used:
Squigglefly Digital Images - Button Flower Pot
PTI - Buttoned Up #1 dies
PTI - Bitty Background Blocks stamp set
My Mind's Eye patterned paper - Stella Rose: Gertie
Taylored Expressions cardstock - Glow
Studio G. ink - pink and blue on buttons
DMC floss


Thanks for taking a look at my blog, today!

6 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Oh Stephanie, I just love love love this girl!! Creative idea to make your own buttons and attach them over top of the image!! Love your coloring as well!! :) Thanks so much for a great challenge card!! HUGS

JanR said...

You made your own buttons? Wowzers! Love the shading you did around the outside of the white cardstock.

Margaret M said...

Hey Stephanie! Love this card and the buttons..too cute! I just go the button die and started making buttons last night...what an addiction! Glad you are feeling better!

Holly said...

oh Stephanie, I'm sorry that nasty cold still has you in it's clutches! I can't see a lack of creativity here though. Your card is adorable! I love that chamomile ink color you sponged on the edges, and your tied on button dies are adorable. Love the patterned paper you used for them.

Dani said...

What a darling card!!

Jill said...

Steph--this doesn't look like your usual style, and that's so cool! It's nice to stretch change it up once in awhile, isn't it! Adorable buttons as flowers--and I love your colors once again!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...