Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Spring Birthday card for CR84FN & OCC Challenges

I spend a lot of time on the weekends making cards and then scheduling my blog to post them.  I didn't want to wait to post this one, but I had to......lol

This card just really came together easily with the color palette supplied by the CR84FN 17 Color Challenge.  I think next to any blue w/ kraft.......pink and bright green are one of my favorite color combinations.  The patterned papers used for this card are also one of my favorites.

See if you agree!

I just loved this picture, so you get to see an extra one of the card......lol

Don't you just love that patterned paper???

I'm hoping that this close up lets you see the soft, white sponging around the edges of the tag and the doily die cuts.

I just love this inside!!!  The bottom strip is the negative from MFT's Decorative Doily Border die.  I just love how decorative it looks on the bottom.


I also tried a new technique "to me" with this card.  I used Nichole Heady's distressed edges using white ink instead of darker ink.  Did you notice it?  I did the edges of the card, the tag sale die cut and the doily die cut.  It's just soft and subtle, but in person it really makes the card stand out.  Thanks, Nichole!!

Another reason I distressed pieces of the card is because of the OCC Challenge this week. You are to use the supplied sketch, but it had a "Distress to De-Stress" challenge attached to it.  How cute???  Who knew that distressing the edges by sponging could de-stress you?  Actually, any card making puts me in a de-stress mode.......so, thank you to OCC, too!



Materials Used (All PTI, unless otherwise noted):
 Hello Friend stamp set & die
Big Birthday Wishes stamp set (inside sentiment) 
Simply Chartreuse, Raspberry Fizz and White card stock
My Mind's Eye patterned paper - Summer Papers
Doily Details die
Tag Sale #4 die
  MFT - Decorative Doily border die 
Studio G. ink - Hot Pink
VersaMagic ink - Cloud White

Thanks for checking out my blog today!   

27 comments:

Pauline said...

This is beautiful, just realised i have those papers too, they look fabulous layered together! Love the central doily, a fab card!

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow!! This is so pretty hun!! I love that flower and used to create with that stamp set all the time!! :) This is very lovely!!HUGS

Audrey said...

I love the pink and green combo! I am so bummed that I missed out on Tag Sale #4, but plan to order it with my March goodies. It is perfect with the Doily Details dies! :)

Kelly said...

Ok.. I did not get the doily die cuts with my last order... and now I want them!
Super cute card!

Amy said...

This doily is my favorite of the 3 in this set. Great layout Stephanie! I love how you ALWAYS finish the inside of your card!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the side view Stephanie, so we could see the dimension of your FAB card! LOVE the white distressing! LOVE the green doily! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Stephanie! Love the doily and the soft white edges ;) Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

Debgem said...

Such pretty backing papers and I really like the layers on the doily! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week!

Lee Anne said...

What a great card with so many wonderful details!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

This is just gorgeous. Definitely one of my favorite color combos. That die cut doily is marvelous too! Great job on the Distressed Sketch challenge. So happy you joined in the fun with us this week at Our Creative Corner.

Andrea M said...

This is so pretty! Love that doily!!! Great use of the challenge colors! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!

Stephanie Kraft said...

Beautiful card, Stephanie! Love all the fabulous layers! Thanks so much for joining us at CR84FN!

Meredith said...

Gorgeous! I love how you layered your doily on your tag, and I love the layout. Thank you so much for playing with CR84FN!

Stella said...

Gorgeous combo of patterned papers and I love the way you layered them together. Thanks so much for playing along at CR84FN!

Karen C. said...

What a sweet card Stephanie. The patterned papers are just perfect for this design -love the doily die in the soft green colour. So pretty!!

Jen said...

Gorgeous! I am a longstanding fan of the white inked edges it really works a treat and adds that something wonderfully extra. I can see it used gorgeously on your card. I am always so impressed with how you finish off your cards. Your attention to detail is unsurpassed. Love it!

Anne B said...

Lovely card and I do like the white distressed edges - makes a real statement. Those doily diecuts look fabby!

Kristin said...

This is just so very pretty!! You've done another amazing job with your card :-)

Lorraine said...

This is beautiful! I love the colors, design and the doily!

Linda said...

What a pretty card Stephanie! Love the color combo and the patterned paper! You did an awesome job!

Michelle Philippi said...

I love that you finish the inside of cards...that extra step to making it perfect from start to finish...something I never ever ever do...too lazy - ha!

Emily said...

Very pretty-- you're right, that white sponging is cool!

Sarah Gough said...

This is gorgeous, I love your central panel! Thanks for distressing our sketch at OCC this week!

I'm Renee said...

This is so adorable...
love the tag on the card!
And the colors are fantastic!

Sharon said...

Stephanie, your right, this paper is just sooo pretty and the card is created is super pretty too! I love your text flower, and I have used Nichole's distress technique with white ink, too. Sometimes, it needs white instead of brown. Thank you for playing along in our challenge over at OCC. Hope we see more of your creative work!

Taheerah (*LittleMissT*) said...

Love this Stephanie - such an unusual colour combo but it really works! Love the Hello, Friend flower on top of the Doily Details die cut - I've been thinking of doing this myself!

Your comments on my blog are always so sweet and flattering. They really make me smile and feel so happy to read them. Thank you so much!!

Jill said...

Really pretty colors and patterned paper choices, Stephanie, and I love your white distressing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...