Sunday, March 6, 2011

PTI's MIM Challenge card for C&S and CR84FN Challenges

Happy Sunday to you all!!!

I can't believe I've already been up and getting inky this morning!  I'm usually my best in the afternoons/evenings.....but, for some reason, I wanted to tackle this today.

Nothing like waiting until the last minute for the new Make It Monday #4 PTI Challenge.  I actually went to Michael's to buy the Fun Foam on Tuesday after watching the video......but, I didn't think I'd get time to do anything with it.  I'm really happy that I did, because it was so, so fun!

My Fun Foam got really, really smashed......like super thin smashed........when I ran it through my Big Kick.  It also did not remain smooth.....even the part facing the die.  I was so happy that in using leaves as my foam stamp, it actually made the stamp look a bit rustic and pretty.

I stamped the leaves using the Fun Foam die cuts on a block that I have covered with Tack N' Peel, instead of using score tape.  It really held them down so that I could make great stamps.  This picture will really enlarge if you click on it.

I was worried that the bright yellow/gold Fun Foam die cut would not work with my card, but after inking it up, it looked awesome as an embellishment!  Again, if you click to enlarge, you'll see the ink on the Fun Foam.


I also just loved the Clean & Simple #130 sketch this week (you'll see another card that I have scheduled using it later in the week).  It was perfect for showcasing a background.  Even better when you are using a new technique to MAKE a background!

Couple that with the new CR84FN #18 Color Challenge and you have a beautiful card featuring some fall colors (I know, I'm still wishing for spring....lol).



Here's the MIM #4 video for this really cool technique:



This will also be used for the Papertrey Inkers Challenge for the month of March.  I honestly don't remember which set I bought first, but I do remember what made me fall in love with PTI.  I wanted to make Christmas cards for my family for 2010.  I found SCS and begin looking for any tips at all about starting and what I needed.  I came across a thread that asked what your favorite company was to order materials.  I kept seeing PTI......PTI......PTI.  But no one said what PTI was!  So, I googled PTI and came across the forum and then the galleries.......Then I was hooked!  There was no looking back.  I remember ordering some winter sets right off the bat and then I participated in the first release with Leaf Prints as one of the new sets.  I just loved them.  So, this creation brings back the first months of my PTI obsession.


Materials Used (all PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Leaf Print dies
Kraft, Orange Zest & Lemon Tart cardstock
Orange Zest & Dark Chocolate ink
Everyday Button Bits stamp set (sentiment)
Fillable Frames #8 stamp set and die
Woodgrain Impression Plate
Orange Zest satin ribbon
Vintage Buttons - Autumn Mix
Rustic Jute Button Twine
Fun Foam - Bright Gold



Thanks so much for stopping by to see my MIM card!!!


30 comments:

Sue Ann said...

Beautiful Steph ....... I love the look of the leaf with the FF!!! Great card!!

Linda said...

Great card Stephanie! I love the stamped leaves with the foam leaf embellishment. I haven't tried using the foam as a stamp yet, but I definitely will after seeing your card. TFS!

BethieJ said...

Stephanie this is BEAUTIFUL!!! Great job on the challenge! It must be in the air.. I want to get CREATIVE this AM too! :)
Have a WONDERFUL day!!

Deb Hickman said...

Beautiful card and your stamped images look wonderful, must have a go at making my own stamps. Thanks for joining us over at Scrapbookers Anonymous.xxx

Sue Lelli said...

Stephanie, I too thought the colors would be perfect for fall leaves! LOVE the background you created with your stamping and LOVE how you inked up the foam and used it as an embellie! FAB card! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Mel said...

You know how to be efficient… one beautiful card meeting all the challenges, that’s a challenge in itself. Well done. I do like the rustic look of the leaf stamp; I’ll have to keep that in mind this fall.
I also got into stamps and cards because I wanted to make my own Christmas cards. I figured with all the scrapbooking stuff I had it would be much to add to my collection. Boy was I wrong. Stamping and Card making is an addiction all on its own. Then I find PTI, and I am obsessed.
When I don’t have time for scrapbooking but want to be creative I make cards. Lately it’s been nothing but cards ;)

Janelle said...

Great card, Stephanie. The leaves were a fabulous choice for the foam -- they look sort of watercolor-y. I like it! Great job with the sketch, too. And the colors. Way to check three challenges off your list at a time! :)

Cathy Weber said...

You were so smart to make your card fit so many challenges, Stephanie. I love that fun foam leaf as an embellishment. The stamping does look very rustic, just perfect for the card. I love the sketch too, just finished the same one myself.

Kristii said...

Absolutely beautiful Stephanie!!!! I love those leaves and the tag is perfect!!!

Taheerah (*LittleMissT*) said...

Lovely Autumnal card Stephanie! I actually like that the stamped images aren't smooth - really adds to the effect of crumpled leaves!

Denise said...

I just couldn't get on the Fun Foam bandwagon this week - love how you used it... makes me want to break out the leaf dies and play!

Denise said...

I just couldn't get on the Fun Foam bandwagon this week - love how you used it... makes me want to break out the leaf dies and play!

I'm Renee said...

Love the way your stamped leaves look...amazing!
A truly gorgeous card!

Debbie Gaydos said...

Sooooo pretty Stephanie! I know what you mean, I was surprised how the foam seemed to come through the die cut machine with an impression, even on the side facing the die. But it gave a great texture to your stamping, and that big, pretty leaf! Congrats on your shout-out!

Janelle said...

Congrats on being twittered! (Made your day, didn't it? :) )

Jessie said...

Love the leaves! The colors are wonderful! It reminds me of a cool fall day!

Kim O'Connell said...

WOW! WOW! WOW! This is so pretty! The stamped leaves look beautiful and the colors are so pretty! Funny how a little button can pull an enire card together. This is a perfect example of that!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Stephanie! Love the fall foliage! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN :)

Danielle Therese Greenwood said...

You're right, the textures leaves look AWESOME! I love the bright oranges too. Lovely card!

Terri said...

Very cool. Love how the leaves look stamped. Congrats on your shout out too!

Mel said...

Congrats on the the MIM PTI shout out!

Anne said...

Love your stamped leaves and the great embossed base layer- gorgeous card!

Stephanie Kraft said...

Such a lovely card, Stephanie! Love your fun foam leaf! So glad you joined us at CR84FN!

Andrea M said...

Stephanie this is STUNNING!!! Truly breath-taking!!!! What a great job with a fabulous technique!!! LOVE THIS!!! eautiful take on the challenge colors! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!

Bente Fagerberg said...

That card is stunning. Love the chippie and the stamped leaves. Creates such a beautiful whole!

Lea L. said...

This is really pretty! I love the warm colors...perfect for a fall themed card!! Great job with the colors and challenges! ♥♥♥

steph said...

SOOOO cute, Stephanie! And congrats on the SHOUT OUT! So exciting! I was SO happy to see your name!

Meredith said...

I found the same thing with the foam in my Big Shot - but I like that you embraced it, and I love that you used the inked up one as your embellishment! This is a beautiful card - thank you so much for joining CR84FN this week!

Debgem said...

Sorry to be so late getting to you!! This is a great card - super technique and works so well with the leaves! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week!

Jill said...

You're right, Stephanie, the leaves lend themselves to well to the fun foam techniques! And just think--you have a pretty fall card all ready to go way in advance! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...