Saturday, March 26, 2011

Introducing 3 NEW Artists at Squigglefly!!!

Good Morning and Happy Saturday!!!
I just love Saturdays!!! 
They are what I call "My create-all-day Saturdays!"

*****AND*****

They are even more fun and creative when Squigglefly introduces.......
THREE
NEW
ARTISTS!!!

I think you'll just love their work.

Diane Knott
Paulette Rich Long
Nate Owens

These three artists are debuting their awesome work TODAY at Squigglefly.com.  So, as soon as you are done reading my post, head right over there and take a peek at all of the new images!




I have the great privilege of introducing one of Nate Owens' images called Doxie Butterfly.  
 This cute little Doxie is going to just tug on your heartstrings right away!!!

What I love most about this image is that all the detail shading makes this image so easy to color.......whether you are a novice or a pro.......this image will look awesome when you color it.

I got to use cork for the very first time!  For some reason, after coloring this cutie, it was screaming to use it........and it really, really worked wonderfully here.  See that linen vellum strip (click to super enlarge this picture so you can see the linen look)?  I colored it using a Copic so that it would bring out the green polka dots in the patterned paper.  And, finally........I colored the background of this panel with a Ivory (E81) Copic and it took on a marbling effect.  Must be the cardstock causing that look, but I just love it.

Isn't that sentiment just screaming FUN?

All of the Copics used for this Doxie, background and vellum.



Materials Used:
Squigglefly Digital Images - Doxie Butterfly
the {stamps} of life - Butterfly2Build
Basic Grey patterned paper - Life of the Party
PTI - Blueberry Sky cardstock
MFT - Cork sheets
PTI - Linen Vellum (colored with Copics)
Memento ink - Rich Cocoa
Copic Markers


That's all I have for you today, but make sure you check out all of the images today at Squigglefly!

Thanks for taking a look!

8 comments:

Jessie said...

Oh my that dog is so cute!! Going to go over and check the web site out! I can always use new stuff!!

Holly said...

Stephanie, this is a darling card! I love your sentiment and the way you used the vellum. I totally agree with you on how easy it is to color Nate's images. I used his Butterfly Buddy cat on my post today!

Ted said...

Great coloring, Stephanie! Perfect sentiment. :)

freida said...

How adorable! You are so right about how easy this is to color! Love your creative use of the vellum too! :) Fabulous job!

*Vicki* said...

Oh my word this is PRECIOUS!! I adore this sweet image and what a fun sentiment to use with him too!! Great job and I'm so glad I went blog hopping today!! :) HUGS

Linda said...

Great job coloring! That doxie is very cute. TFS!

Mad for Paper said...

this is so cute. That pup is adorable.
TFS
Ang

scripperscrapper said...

This is too stinkin' cute, Just adorable!!!

~Lisa a.k.a. ScrpprScrapper

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...