Saturday, March 19, 2011

Happy Mother's Day for OTWC & CPS Challenges

Happy Saturday, everyone!

I'm finally feeling a tad bit better!
I have really had a go of being sick and it put me down for the count.  I'm still not 100% but I was determined to get some crafting done.  I did manage to get 3 cards done so far today but those will be scheduled throughout the week for blog posts.

So, today???  I have a mother's day card for my mom.  Yeah, I know.......I'm super early!  But, that's okay because I really like working ahead.  You never know what may happen to cause you to feel the pressure and then the card never turns out the way you want it to.

I just love the way this turned out with the red and green. 

Just a sneak peek of the inside.  You can click to enlarge either image to see the details.






Materials Used (all PTI, unless otherwise noted):
Everyday Button Bits stamp set
Basic Grey patterned paper - Hello Luscious
Simply Chartreuse and Vintage Cream cardstock
Ripe Avocado and Simply Chartreuse ink
Colorbox Chalk ink - Warm Red
Mat Stack #5 die
Vintage Button Mix - Spring
DMC floss - #321




Thanks so much for visiting my blog today!


11 comments:

Rebecca said...

OOh I like that paper. Spring green is my favorite color! This turned out really cute.

Amy said...

Love those button flowers! You did a great job with these colors! I appreciate people who work ahead....I'm not one of those! :) Thanks for playing along with OTWC this week!

Jessie said...

Love it! Very pretty! Hope you are 100% soon!

christy compton hall said...

So glad you're feeling better! And I'm so inspired with this mother's day card (early! Unheard of!), I may just have to do a CASE. i LOVE those colors and the pattern!

Jen said...

Oh wow! Stephanie this is so pretty. Your mom is going to love this. Mind you, I know you could make a crumpled up piece of paper look good. I love the warmth of this card.

I am so pleased to hear/read that you're on the road to recovery. Hope you feel "best" real soon. Hugs.

Lorraine said...

Beautiful card, Stephanie. The green matches your pp perfectly and so does the ink. Your mom will love it.

steph said...

Your Mom is gonna LOVE this card- it's just beautiful! So glad to hear you're feeling better!

Jill said...

I'm glad you starting to feel better, Stephanie!

Love your color combo here--it doesn't remind me one little bit about Christmas, I'm impressed! Kudos for "crafting ahead!"

~Tammy~ said...

Beautiful card and your mother will love it! It's never too early to start working on cards for any occasion in my book! :-) I love your use of the OTWC colors! Thanks for joining in the fun and linking your card with us! Good luck!

Tenia Nelson said...

What a very pretty card!! Thanks for playing at OTWC!!!!

Jaclyn Miller said...

Those button flowers are so cute and I love the way you have put the sentiment at an angle. Thanks so much for playing at OTWC.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...